Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC after Sarah Palin flap

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by EvilQueen, Dec 4, 2013.

1. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

2. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

This is what you think he suggested? How conservative of you! :p How about he was suggesting that our indebtedness has nothing to do with the realities of slavery?

From your quote article:
    Martin Bashir is a smart guy. I'll miss his commentary.

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

I didn't watch him much, but he sure knew a lot about foreign affairs. Much more than any other cable news personality.

BTW ... He was right. Sarah Palin should open wide.

4. EvilQueen thread starter macrumors 6502

Scroll down more and finish reading.

5. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I admit it was a poor choice of words, but did he say she qualified?

6. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

It's difficult to read much of anything on the Daily News page you linked to, since most of the article is grayed-out (see below), and it remains grayed-out unless the page visitor is willing to answer a "marketing question".

Attached Files:

7. EvilQueen thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm....install an ad blocker? I don't see anything like that.

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

As a general rule, I'd agree that it's not a good idea to suggest someone deserves to be defecated or urinated on.

Bashir needed to find a better response.

He didn't.

Now he's paying the price.

9. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

nothing like that for me..

here it is quoted for you

10. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Or you could simply link to a news website that isn't playing the "please answer a marketing question if you want to read our news story for free, so we can send you a special marketing cookie" game.

Your web browser settings re:accepting cookies from random websites is probably more permissive than my browser's settings are.

11. EvilQueen thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry, it's not happening for me. Maybe you have some adware. Sorry you seem to be too lazy to Google it to get to a web page that is more acceptable for your device. I just checked the site with safari and didn't get any marketing stuff and I have no ad blocker on safari....I don't ever use it.

----------

Wait...we don't see the marketing ad and OUR computer is more permissive? :p

12. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Big deal. I never liked the guy anyway. Just less people to bring up Sarah Palin.

13. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Wasn't Bashir the one who brought down Michael Jackson?

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

They seemed fairly buddy buddy in that interview.

15. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

It's not adware it's the NY Daily News site.

"Daily News Reader Survey. More than 500000 survey questions have been answered by people like you to help us bring you this site. Please take a moment to answer. This message will not appear again for 30 days."

(See image, below.)

Your browser seems to have looser permissions re: cookies/popups/etc. "Looser" is generally regarded as being more permissive, isn't it?

Attached Files:

16. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I can't imagine what possessed Martin to say something so provocative on air. As much as we would would all like to ****** in Sarah Palin's mouth, this is something that should be kept to one's self. Granted, something this provocative would be acceptable on Fox News, but everyone knows there is a double standard. I'm very sorry Martin forgot that truth--he will be missed.

17. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

No Bashir is the doctor on ST Deep Space 9.

18. swingerofbirch macrumors 68040

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I thought it was terrible what he did to Michael. He was leading him on with questions when it was clear that Bashir's mind was in a more perverse place than Michael's, and Michael answered them in a way that was honest to him but had a different meaning to others. I think that may have been what started that long court trial.

19. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I have to agree with you here, I think MJ was targeted here, and answered them without seeing the dark side of how people were going to interpret them. To this day I personally find MJ a little creepy, but I don't think he touched those children like people think he did. I think MJ was just being a playmate, because he never had a childhood himself.

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So that makes it right? The dude was a creep plain and simple. Anyone would would allow their kids to have a sleep over at his house was nuts.

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Speak for yourself. I have never wanted to or even thought about doing something so vile.

22. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I never said it made it right, adult men shouldn't be sleeping in bed with children that's not theirs. I just said I believe he was innocently sleeping, no molesting. If anything he needed professional help. The parents that continued to send their kids to MJs house had to be looking to blackmail him for a settlement.

23. palmerc2 macrumors 65832

palmerc2

It sure is popular to bash on Palin.

If any of these comments (whether from this guy or maher) were said about Ms obama, imagine the media and public outcry.

Not defending her, but it's pretty damn unfair IMO.

24. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

NBC does a lot of stupid ****. The elephant one was much worse though, at least in my opinion. I linked an LA times article even though the headline may not be quite accurate. It was a member of the NRA. I never read elsewhere that it was sponsored by the NRA, even though the article claims it.

I wish it was less popular, because I wish she would lose all relevance. It brings attention to her nonsense.

25. citizenzen macrumors 65816

What's unfair?

Has Michelle Obama said something lately that she should have been bashed for but wasn't?

If so, please cite.