MAS Updates tab showing apps that I have never bought or installed by any other means

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CodeBreaker, Apr 5, 2012.

1. CodeBreaker macrumors 6502

I am seeing updates for apps that i have never used/installed/bought in the updates tab of the MAS. If I click on update, it shows me a dialog to sign in with a different unknown Apple ID. I have never used any other Apple ID on my Mac. Here are the screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In another (possibly related) problem, why is the size of the screenshots 1354 X 888, when the size of my MacBook's display is 1280 X 800? :confused:

2. beardboy macrumors regular

beardboy

Are you sure someone hasn't got access to your email address and password for iTunes, as if they have they may be downloading stuff on your account?

As for the screenshots, i'm guessing the screen res is 1280x800, but the MAS window is only open at 1354x888 when you took the screenshot.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Looks like someone has accessed your @me account. Contact iTunes support, they will re-set things for you. You will need to choose a different name for your @me account, but hey should refund your cash...Apple take this kind of thing very seriously.

4. CodeBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502

I am pretty sure I have not disclosed my details to anybody. And I have not been charged for the app or received any purchase alert from iTunes or my bank (I confirmed with my bank).

I have reset my password just to be on a safer side. Should I be worried?

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'd still contact Apple, won't cost, and will give you peace of mind....Something is clearly wrong when apps you have not accessed appear in your account.

6. CodeBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I'll drop them an email.

7. CodeBreaker thread starter macrumors 6502

OK, I think I figured out what happened. The email address App Store was showing belongs to one of my colleagues at work. We had downloaded Xcode from MAS using his ID and then copied it on all other Macs in our office (App Store was giving the same update warning on all other Macs). I deleted Xcode and the CodeBox app was gone from the updates tab.