Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gwendolini

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
random
Hi,

I have Mojave installed on my 12" 2016 MacBook and now the MAS wants to install an update to Garage Band, which I have not installed on that Mac. I did delete the files from the temporary MAS cache folder, but that did not help.

Also MAS wants a password for that update from another iCloud account than the one I have. It may be my brothers iCloud address, but he does not have access to this computer and I did not ever copy Garage Band from him, since it has been free for quite some time.

Any pointers on how to solve this strange issue?

Gwendolini

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
random
GarageBand comes pre-installed, did you explicitly remove it?

I probably have, as it is not in my Applications folder. iMovie is also gone. I use FCP X and Logic Pro X, thus do not need those free applications. What confuses me more, that the Apple ID it shows me when clicking UPDATE, is not mine and I never installed any pirated version of GB anyway. Maybe it is just Mojave wanting me to use GB instead of LPX, due to various reasons unknown to the programmers. Maybe a clean install will help, like it does with Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.