Mass Effect Andromeda now? Or wait for Scorpio?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by alanwaston, Feb 8, 2017.

1. alanwaston, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017

alanwaston Suspended

Hey guys. My friend got me really into mass effect on his PS3 a while ago and I've been excited about it for next gen consoles ever since! I'm not an xbox or sony or nintendo fan girl. I honestly like all the systems and plan on getting them all eventually but right now I have an 1TB xbox one s that came with the halo bundle.

I love my xbox one s! But I know I'll want to buy a PS4 at some point for certain japanese games and stuff (Persona 5, etc). I'm probably going to get the PS4 Pro because I have saved up and I want the fastest one sony makes if I'm going to buy one.

Anyway.. This brings me to my question. Should I pre-order Mass Effect Andromeda on the PS4 Pro and play it there? I already heard the game is going to have PS4 Pro support BUT they probably will add scorpio extras when it comes out, but scorpio isn't out for another year. And on top of that it will probably take the game developers a couple of months to make it run on the xbox scorpio. SO it looks like the xbox scorpio version of mass effect is the one to wait for, but can I wait a year to play? Hmmmmm. There are some games I haven't beaten yet like Metal Gear Solid that will probably be on sale and keep me occupied?

What do you guys think? Or do you just want to play it ASAP no matter what? aha

2. Sensamic macrumors 68030

I would go for the PS4 option. On the Xbox I heard it's gonna be 900P vs 1080P on the PS4.

There won't be a big difference IMO between the PS4 version and the Scorpio.

3. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I have no opinion on which console, but in the previous series I do remember frequent and and absolutely horrendous load times from the disc, even if the games were installed to the hard drive. So assuming there is a choice between disc or digital download, I'd go for the digital download.

4. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I would hold off until all the inevitable extra dlc missions and characters are released.

5. s0nicpr0s macrumors regular

s0nicpr0s

Would that still apply with this generation? On the Xbox 360, a disc was copied relatively byte for byte, at least to my knowledge. I remember certain games performed worse when copied to drive (Halo 3 maybe?). Compared to now, where the whole game is installed to the hard drive by default, there is no play from disc option.

I would recommend digital anyways due to convenience of having multiple games ready to go.

I apologize if this came off rude at all, I was trying to avoid that but reading it myself I'm unsure... Sorry!

6. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

I couldn't say. I'm still on the last generation. :oops:

7. s0nicpr0s macrumors regular

s0nicpr0s

Oh, no worries. Still a ton of great games to play on the previous gen. I spend my time pretty evenly split between the generations.