Mass sexual assaults by immigrants in Frankfurt may have been fabricated

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by sim667, Feb 16, 2017.

1. sim667 macrumors 65816

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ny-cologne-new-year-allegations-a7581291.html

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

3. sim667 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yup.

I mean its under investigation, so its not set in stone, but it sounds like it was fabricated.

4. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Who knew things could get a little dicey when you trust peoples claims with no evidence.

5. jeyf macrumors 6502

Germans have an issue with the truth
    assaults probably done by the just made un-employed VolksWagen engineering team

6. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Does anybody seem surprised by this?

It was "fake news' back when that term actually meant something. It was so obviously the work of Russian disinformation stooges. I just remember the credulous fools who kept repeating it here to spread panic and alarm. Some people used to make it a mission to post their daily piece of propaganda demonizing Muslim refugees in Germany.

Going forward, I think we owe it to ourselves and our community to rigorously fact-check and debunk nonsense and obviously "fake news".

7. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Largest inauguration crowds in history of inaugurations
    3 to 5 million illegal voters
    hundreds, no millions of non-reported terrorists attacks in the USA
    1, no 10, no 100 million illegals pouring across the southern US border

I would hate so big dicey
    --- Post Merged, Feb 16, 2017 ---
    All I see now is even fake news will be fake.

There is a race to out-fake the competition.

The divide that used to reside in DC is now infecting the US.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I had no idea the right wing zealots were Russian. In case you missed something this "story" ran like wildfire through all the typical right wing echo chamber sites and media when it came out. I didn't know that Limbaugh and Hannity were Russian, thanks for the info.

You're seeing boogeyman Russians everywhere Drew, maybe step back from that for a bit?

9. unlinked macrumors 6502a

No more than when I see fake hate crimes reported as true or false rape allegations reported as true.

If media isn't truthworthy it won't be trusted. If it isn't trusted it may become less trusted by attempting to correct itself.

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Investigate the allegations and if the victims turn out to be lying, prosecute them. The exact same thing should be done in the US. How many lives must be destroyed by morning after regret and other outright lies?

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Only PRSI could take this story and turn the discussion into "morning after regret" ********. Bravo.

12. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

A "sex riot mob of about 50 men"? Sure that seems real plausible. Why not 100 or a 1000 men?

13. jerwin macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/illiberalism-worldwide-crisis/
    It aims to be a worldwide movement. Of course, Russian conservatism may seem a rather harsh departure from the ideas of Edmund Burke, but it may provide a better platform for attacking "liberals", if that's what you're into.

14. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Interesting story if true. If so, there will be more native Germans prosecuted than immigrants regarding this incident. However, I imagine it will take some time for the police and courts to settle this.

Let us suppose it is true that the allegations of sex attacks were false, as demonstrated by actual convictions. In that case, I'd like to see every MR user who posted against immigrants on the basis of the story to apologise to the immigrants, along with every right-wing journalist and pundit who help spread the Big Lie.

15. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Wait. Are you saying that using a word when it doesn't apply causes it to lose meaning and fall on deaf ears? Maybe the left is learning something from this election after all.

16. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Oh we've been learning.

That we were right... VERY, VERY RIGHT. LIKE SO RIGHT. HUGELY RIGHT!

;)

17. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Have you also learned that everything/one isn't an *ism/*ist? Inquiring minds would like to know. When everything/one is an *ism/*ist. Nothing is an *ism/*ist.

18. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Have you?

Snowflake doesn't end is ism/ist, but you get my point...

:D

19. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

Careful. There were many more reported cases than those written about in this article. It would be remiss to dismiss all allegations as false. Nor would it be helpful to assume all women making claims were liars. The victims of sexual assault already have the odds stacked against them. You haven't made this claim but I can see some people might to reinforce a political opinion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_Eve_sexual_assaults_controversy_in_Germany

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

21. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Agreed, but if more people are convicted of lying about this incident than are convicted of assault, then perhaps it is time to people who spoke out against immigrants should reconsider their statements.

22. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

What would happen if a tabloid ran a headline saying, "We Reported Fake News"?

Kind of like Captain Kirk when he said, "I am LYING."? ;)

23. Desertrat macrumors newbie

The folks at this web site stay on top of the fun and games of the culture enhancers:

http://gatesofvienna.net/

Many links to news articles from around Europe on the problems created by the refugees.

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Maybe it's fake news. Who knows...