Massachusetts celebrates eight-year anniversary of Marriage Equality

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, May 17, 2012.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

With all the talk of gay marriage and the battle over it still waging on, it should be noted that as of today, the United States has had same sex marriages for a full 8 years now and God has yet to smite the state of Massachusetts and straight men have not abandoned their wives for men either...heterosexual marriages continue to happen.

So much for the arguments against marriage equality!!!

http://www.freedomtomarry.org/blog/...ight-year-anniversary-of-the-freedom-to-marry

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Thanks for posting. I don't think I realized it had been that long.

3. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Things like this should just be collected to one day and make an international holiday called "Common sense day".

We could celebrate beating systemic idiocy. :)

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I don't see the point. The right would claim it and say the left has declared war on it. :D

5. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's okay...the more they say stuff like that, the more it makes them look out of touch.

Just like Rush for instance:

[​IMG]

Now why would Obama, who is in a traditional marriage himself, lead a war on the very thing he is part of? And why would his wife and children support it too? Such "war" comments are not only hypocritical when they are made by people who have had numerous affairs or "traditional" marriages, they are also illogical. Not that people on the right have ever been accused of using logic on this subject. :D