Mastered for iTunes songs=iTunes Match songs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chumburro2U, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Chumburro2U macrumors 6502

Chumburro2U

I was wondering if the quality of the songs for the "Mastered for iTunes" are the same as the songs quality wise when download via iTunes Match? And, if not, can I update my iTunes Match songs to the Mastered for iTunes ones?

2. jpcos macrumors newbie

I tested this out, and the matched file was not the Mastered for iTunes version for a newly imported CD.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I was just reading a discussion on this in the iOS 5 forum and the consensus so far is that the quality is different and "regular" songs don't match Mastered for iTunes songs. It's still pretty early in the game so I expect to hear more about this.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

But how would you really know? I imported U2 Achtung Baby Deluxe Version and named it exactly like iTunes mastered for iTunes version and it matched exactly, album art and all. There would be no way to tell if it is mastered for iTunes or not.

I also bought Dark Side of the Moon which is mastered for iTunes. Other then it being the Deluxe Experience version, viewing the get info tab, there is no way to tell that it is mastered for iTunes.

Same with Pink Floyd the Wall. I bought the Mastered for iTunes version and there still is no way to really tell other than the fact that I have the extras including the video. It's still 256Kbps recordings. I could see if they offered a higher bit rate for mastered for iTunes, but it's not.