Matching contacts with FB friends profile pictures?

vaultwit

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I've tried going into settings > Facebook > update all contacts, but it just matches the contacts with my FB friends profile pics, but doesn't give the option to manage them.

What if I have two contacts with the same first and last name, and they are matched incorrectly? Is there a way to manually fix that? What if a friend uses a different name on FB (e.g. nickname) than the name I have on my contacts?

If manual fixes can't be made, does anyone know of a good app that accomplishes this?

brettO5

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
If you have two contacts for the same person, you can combine them. Edit one of the contacts, scroll to the bottom and select 'Link Contact...' and then select the contact you want to link it with. It will combine the data.

I've done this where a contact uses a different facebook name to their actual name.

Cheers, Brett

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
If you have two contacts for the same person, you can combine them. Edit one of the contacts, scroll to the bottom and select 'Link Contact...' and then select the contact you want to link it with. It will combine the data.

I've done this where a contact uses a different facebook name to their actual name.

Cheers, Brett
Multi edit will do everything for you.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2