Matte 15 inch MBP is in Apple Store, Any one buy yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by md63, Aug 12, 2009.

1. md63 macrumors 6502

I stopped by the SoHo store this morning and the sales associate told me they had received 30 of the new matte display 15 inch 2.8Ghz models. Unfortunately they didn't have any on display. Was wondering if anyone has seen one in the store. Is only the top level model being carried in the store? Also, does it look similar to the 17 inch with the silver bezel?

Thanks

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

It has the same look at the matte option 17", yes.

3. comedyboy19 macrumors newbie

Hinge?

How is the hinge? Is it tighter than the glossy 15 MBP? Iv been holding out for a while because of how loose the hinge was. It kept closing on me at a very small angle. Thanks so much!

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Sounds more like a faulty unit rather than the norm. My 13" will get so close before shutting itself that it'll go to sleep before the hinge lets the lid fall down.

5. comedyboy19 macrumors newbie

Talking about the 15"

I was speaking about the 15". I returned it because of the extremely loose hinge that it suffers from. Apple called this a "feature" but did not include it in either the 13" or 17", which both have strong hinges. Its definitely not a lemon because all of my friends who have it complain and all of the models in the stores have it too. It is a well documented flaw.