Maureen Dowd savages Hillary in New York Times op-ed piece

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Feb 7, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Nobody wields a pen more like a straight-razor than Michael Douglas' former girlfriend.

Oh snap, girlfriend!

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Love it. If she is not jailed I hope Bernie beats her and gets the nomination

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

lol, you actually think there's a chance she'd be put in prison? Please. People like her don't have to abide by the same laws as the proletariats.

The author is on crack though if she thinks an Obama endorsement will somehow make Sanders supporters like Hillary. Fat chance. I'd rather not vote or write in Mickey Mouse than vote for that sellout ****.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

One can only hope.....

5. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Her cell can be right next to all those bank executives and wall street clowns who's games caused the recession a few years back. Unfortunately the way this country works that cell would likely be a 20000 sqft mansion in the Hamptons...

6. Robisan macrumors 6502

7. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

What else is new? Maureen Dowd has been attacking Hillary for many many years. Other than constantly offering her dim-witted criticism of politicians what purpose does she serve?

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I care. :D
    image.jpeg

9. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Maureen Dowd, in addition to being an ardent leftist, is the most brilliant essayist of our times; a Joan Didion for the modern era. It disturbs me greatly to read the sensitive Hillarybots disparage her genius. Perhaps they should decamp to their safe spaces.

10. Robisan macrumors 6502

11. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Hillary congratulating herself on her Libya "success."

12. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I don't disagree with the gist of Dowd's article.

For a host of reasons, Hillary Clinton somehow has failed to develop the rhetorical or interpersonal skills that made her husband, and Barack Obama, so appealing on the campaign trail. Clinton has also, for reasons good and bad, made a number of errors in judgement in her run-up to her current campaign.

That doesn't mean to say her chances of becoming the first woman President are doomed. That certainly doesn't mean to say she is unqualified to become President.

The United States Presidential campaign is a marathon. Not a sprint. Candidates who soar early on often sputter into oblivion by the time Super Tuesday comes around. Or crash and burn during debates or interviews.

The fact of the matter is Hillary Clinton is a highly respected former Secretary of State. She has a wealth of experience, not only in international affairs, but in crafting legislation, working in the US Senate, and as a wife, a working mother, an accomplished attorney, and as a public speaker.

In the race for the White House, (as a major party candidate) one doesn't have to be the most brilliant or charismatic persona in the world. You simply have to be better than the person you are running against. And if that person's last name is Bush, Rubio, Trump, or Cruz - my money would be on Hillary Rodham Clinton.

13. Oudinot macrumors regular

Oudinot

Can I get some of whatever you are taking?