Mavericks 10.9 not updating Exchange accounts in Apple Mail

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by sa7078, Oct 24, 2013.

1. sa7078 macrumors newbie

I have three Macs (iMac at home, iMac at work and a MacBook Pro Retina 13") and all were upgraded to Mavericks on Tuesday.

On the two iMacs, my Exchange (work) accounts -- the inboxes -- aren't updating with new mail or do so very late or only when I shut down and restart Mail.

My office is using the latest Exchange Server (Webmail is Outlook-like) and I wasn't having this problem at all under Mountain Lion. All three machines were upgrade from ML. Note the MacBook Pro is working normally.

I'm trying to reset Mail on one of the machines and we'll see if that works.

Any ideas as to what's wrong? This seems like a major bug.

2. Ajay(UK) macrumors newbie

Similar thing happened to me and it turned out that after installing Mavericks on my late 2012 iMac yesterday it had changed the check mail option from "every minute" to "automatically". I switched it back and all is well again!:)

Andy.

3. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

I am not using Mail, but I do have OS X running against Exchange 2010 SP3 for Notes, Calendar, Contacts, etc. Notes has not populated yet at all and is empty. This seems to be new with 10.9. Are you seeing this as well?

4. bjf123 macrumors newbie

I've noticed the same thing on my office iMac after ungrading to Mavericks. Our company email is hosted by an outside company running Kerio Connect. The email accounts are configured as Exchange IMAP and I've noticed that I'll see new messages on my iPhone that don't appear on my iMac unless I close and reopen Mail.

My iMac is the only system we've upgraded. We've got systems running Snow Leopard, Lion, and Mountain Lion, so we'd like to get them all upgraded, but this is a show stopper. Our client managers spend all day communicating with clients via email and we don't want them to have to remember to close and reopen Mail every 30 minutes or so to make sure they haven't missed anything.

5. doc.pope, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  6. Draft macrumors 6502

I'm having this same issue. Everything I've tried here including deleting the mail data and the caches seems to only temporarily fix the problem. Sooner or later, the problem comes back and Mail stops syncing the exchange account.

Are we stuck waiting for a fix from Apple? I see the Mavericks beta builds churning away, but it's unclear if a fix will be included here?