iPhone 11 Pro Max/Plus vs standard model

Standard or Max/Plus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shanghaichica

macrumors G4
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I’m confused, the LG G8 ThinQ is 402 PPI? Xs Max is 458 and has more display area. The white point is extremely accuracy on all of the Xs OLED phones. 6500K is the target for perfect white. LG on the far left.
Maybe the LG has a more saturated display? Which is more pleasant for some people. The display on my 11 pro max is nice and
I don’t have any real complaints but the display on the note 10+ is much more pleasant.

Reactions: Septembersrain

petergriffinsucksmydonkey

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2020
I’m confused, the LG G8 ThinQ is 402 PPI? Xs Max is 458 and has more display area. The white point is extremely accuracy on all of the Xs OLED phones. 6500K is the target for perfect white. LG on the far left.
I have the Note 10+, Xperia 1 (4K OLED) and the 11 Pro Max and I can definitely see a difference. The Note and Xperia look way sharper and have more poppy colors whereas the iPhone colors look very dull. (I don't like this, but maybe you do)

Reactions: Septembersrain

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors G3
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I fancied a change and bought the bigger device. I’ve gotten used to it in use but it often reminds me how cumbersome it is to carry in my pocket. I couldn’t go back to a standard sized device now though.

Zaft

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I fancied a change and bought the bigger device. I’ve gotten used to it in use but it often reminds me how cumbersome it is to carry in my pocket. I couldn’t go back to a standard sized device now though.
That’s basically what happened to me. Back when I got the 6 Plus I loved the screen but not the size of the phone.

I got the iPhone X when it came out but the screen was too narrow. once I bought the XS Max I was happy.

I’m thinking about getting the 6.1 inch iPhone 12 but i may have regrets.

Septembersrain

Contributor
Dec 14, 2013
Texas
I've adapted to this Pro Max pretty quickly. With a battery case on my 7 Plus, they are about the same weight. Goodness the battery on this Pro Max is beyond great. I've never had an iPhone last longer than whatever Android I had at the time.

I'm definitely going to be staying in this line of devices as long as they keep putting these huge batteries in them. Expensive, yes. The freedom from not needing to charge it constantly is worth every penny.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors G3
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I've adapted to this Pro Max pretty quickly. With a battery case on my 7 Plus, they are about the same weight. Goodness the battery on this Pro Max is beyond great. I've never had an iPhone last longer than whatever Android I had at the time.

I'm definitely going to be staying in this line of devices as long as they keep putting these huge batteries in them. Expensive, yes. The freedom from not needing to charge it constantly is worth every penny.
All the current iPhones seem to have great battery life from what I’ve seen to be fair. I can get 2 days out of an 8+ even. I’m happy to buy the larger mid tier model going forward but the Max versions are overkill for what I need. I charge every night and it’s rare I need to get my device to last longer than a day and for travelling I use a power bank. Looking forward to seeing what Apple bring with the iPhone 12.

FeliApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2015
All the current iPhones seem to have great battery life from what I’ve seen to be fair. I can get 2 days out of an 8+ even. I’m happy to buy the larger mid tier model going forward but the Max versions are overkill for what I need. I charge every night and it’s rare I need to get my device to last longer than a day and for travelling I use a power bank. Looking forward to seeing what Apple bring with the iPhone 12.
I feel like the iPhone’s battery life got “good enough” with the plus. I used a 5s on iOS 8 and I have a 5c and they’re mediocre at best.

Ever since the 6 plus, the plus models were able to comfortably last a day, for all except the “purposefully draining” scenarios (if you play games for 5 hours a day, then no, it won’t last a day), but otherwise with nearly everything else, they’d last through the day.

Battery life jumped again with the Xʀ, and the 11 series is the continuation of that, allowing people not to charge their phones in the middle of the day, even with reasonably heavy usage.

The 11 series, though, I’d argue, is the first in which all phones have comparably good battery life, whereas with the 2018 iPhones, the Xʀ was far ahead, and the Xs’ battery life was good, but nothing too impressive, being easily “outgunned” by all the plus models.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

DevinNj

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
^Yuppers, I got tired of the bigger sized phones and went from my Pro Max to the Pro, and I just couldn't do it. After a week, I had to return it for another Pro Max. It's big and heavy, but it's fantastic.

UBS28

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2012
I didn't find I was using my iPhone X to it's full capabilities due to battery life and limited screen size.

My iPhone 11 Pro Max, is a totally different beast with the big screen and huge battery life. I can really use it as a smartphone now.

Zaft

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I didn't find I was using my iPhone X to it's full capabilities due to battery life and limited screen size.

My iPhone 11 Pro Max, is a totally different beast with the big screen and huge battery life. I can really use it as a smartphone now.
The 5.8 inch is just an elongated 4.7 iPhone 6/7/8.

Tsepz

macrumors 68040
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
What made you choose the model that you did?
I love phones with large Displays, ever since getting my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 I absolutely feel in love with having a large screened smartphone.

So I picked up my XS Max due to its stunning large display and absolutely elegant design, I also love how hefty it feels due to the Stainless Steel. The whole package oozes high quality.

I’ve had Xs max for several months. I always preferred larger devices/displays.

Since owning this I have had it tucked away in a uag case which has been great for protection but earlier today I took the case off and think I have just for the first time since owning fully appreciated just how impressive this phone is.

I honestly keep picking it up just to drool a little today. The quality of materials (in hand) to the big bright display..How did I miss all this on initial purchase? I guess I was hasty and/or practical and wanted to protect it immediately but shoving it in a bulky case took away much of my appreciation for just how great this iPhone looks & feels. I’m finally appreciating my iPhone..albeit, belatedly
Exactly how I feel about my XS Max to I sometimes switch between my cases and when I do I cannot get over how stunning this device is, that cold hard steel frame with the glass is just awesome.

Reactions: Aydy

Zaft

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I love phones with large Displays, ever since getting my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 I absolutely feel in love with having a large screened smartphone.

So I picked up my XS Max due to its stunning large display and absolutely elegant design, I also love how hefty it feels due to the Stainless Steel. The whole package oozes high quality.

Exactly how I feel about my XS Max to I sometimes switch between my cases and when I do I cannot get over how stunning this device is, that cold hard steel frame with the glass is just awesome.
Best way to experience it is getting Apple care and and not worry about dropping it.

Tsepz

macrumors 68040
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Best way to experience it is getting Apple care and and not worry about dropping it.
Nah, I already have comprehensive insurance.

I use a Bases case and Apple Silicone case and plan on getting an Apple Leather case. The cases are there to ensure the phone does not get scratched up too much and to keep it nice and grippy, the XS can get very slippery especially when outside on a boiling hot day like today.

Reactions: Aydy

Wokis

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
The smaller 11 Pro I have a fighting chance to do one-handed operations with and I value that a lot. Battery life is already outstanding so I don’t feel that I’m missing much.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcorbin