Maybe a new ipod touch 2nd generation owner,but few questions first lol

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by drazenm, Sep 30, 2008.

1. drazenm macrumors newbie

Ok so like this i am thinking of getting a new 2nd generation ipod touch 32GB, so how much free space do you actually have on it for your use?

I have seen few videos of the ipod touch in work and one thing that's really weird to me is in music playback (ipod function) that there's no time like on normal ipod of elapsed and how much time is left of the song or is it just me not seeing it.

And last one for now the Youtube application, do you get to see all the videos on youtube like with the web browser or are the videos limited, selected only bla bla bla rules,bla bla conditions apply bla bla....

Thank you guys for taking the time and answering my questions.

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

From what I've read you lose about 1 to 1.5 GBs with the actual capacity vs. the advertised capacity on hard drives and the space the OS takes up. So about 30 GBs for your stuff.

You can see the elapsed time and time left when you tap the screen while a song is playing. Otherwise, it is hidden.

You can navigate youtube thru the browser or thru the youtube app, but videos always plays on the app because the iPhone does not currently play Flash videos. The video is re-encoded to a format the iPhone can play. All videos will be available, but there is a delay between when the video is available on youtube to when it is re-encoded and available for the iPhone. I don't know how long it takes until a new video gets to the iPhone.

Feel free to use MRoogle to search the forums for more details.

3. ebow macrumors 6502a

ebow

I'm pretty sure that when I connect my 32 GB iPod touch to iTunes it reports a bit over 30 GB available, and right now within the iPod's "About" screen it's telling me it has 29.6 GB capacity.