Maybe all these problems are hyped up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apadden, Sep 21, 2012.

1. apadden macrumors regular

apadden

I'm scared to get mine. I don't want any problems. Maybe the problems are hyped up? Or no one who got a perfect phone is posting.

2. SlyMac macrumors 6502

SlyMac

No way to tell until more people use and report problems on the iphone 5.

Although, if I was experiencing those problems, I definitely wouldn't consider them "hype."

3. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

I haven't noticed any major issues on my phone. I can't comment on the aluminum scratching. I have no doubt it's susceptible to scratching but I'm not about to test its durability.

4. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

Mines perfect. came today, no dents, no scuffs, no scratches. Absolutely pristine.

iPHone 5 64GB Black.

5. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

6. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

Millions of phones sold. Imagine if every person happy with their iPhone posted. Even though I do not use an iPhone, I have a house full of apple gadgets and the quality can't be beat.

7. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

what he said, same exact specs for me.

8. Rootus macrumors 6502

Mine is nearly perfect. One tiny little spot where the silver is showing, though I didn't catch it for a few minutes so it's not terribly noticeable. Oh well. I've had every phone but the 3G on launch day and this is the first one that wasn't flawless right out of the package.

Aside from that I'm pleased with it. Not dramatically different from the 4S, just a bit taller (subtle if you don't think much about it, until you look at a 4S again). And much faster than the 4S. Boots damn quick and the browser is even snappier.

I'm going to slap a case on it Monday, and so far I'm not too concerned about the wear problem with the "anodized" aluminum, but if I were Apple I'd be pretty worried because it's pretty obvious this isn't up to the standard they've led us to expect, and it's exactly the kind of issue that's going to bite them in the ass. If they had this same exact coating on the preproduction units, then they know about the coming *****torm.

9. Juicy111 macrumors member

Some people have a legitimate case, but most is just being OCD.

10. Appleseeds macrumors regular

That's straight out of the box?
    Scratches and a dent, nice. I hope your sending it back or taking it in.
    Are the white ones having these issues I wonder?

11. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Most being OCD is spot on. Worst part is that they all start new threads bitching about it on MR.

12. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

There are several issues at play.

1) some people do tend to obsess
    2) others are real problems
    3) Apples quality has declined
    4) phones are being shipped that shouldn't be due to poor quality control

I'm not being critical of Apple, it is what it is.

Mass produced in unimaginable quantities at warp speed, there's little time for anything.

The American consumer is used to accepting whatever they're handed.

13. kingdLo macrumors 6502

I got mine in mint condition no scratches anywhere, BUT it has either a dead pixel or a piece of dust stuck in the upper left corner of the screen. Actually, directly to the right of the + volume button

14. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

It seems some people ARE experiencing the issues, can't be hype with pictures to prove it.

15. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I prefer not to label or condemn buyers.

It's Apple's well known practice of hyping their products so high, they can't possibly live up to the expectations Apple created.

I don't know of any complex product that's been advertised as "Magical & Revolutionary" like Apple loves to do. You get back what you put out.

Apple has backed themselves into this abyss.

16. KPOM macrumors G5

You will always get more complaints on a message board. People who find issues are more likely to be vocal than people who don't.

My white AT&T 32GB iPhone 5 arrived today. It is flawless cosmetically, and it has worked great since I activated it this morning. LTE works fine, calls are coming through, it appears like it will hold up, etc. It's a nice upgrade from the 4S.

17. shadrap macrumors 6502

After a launch most boards are filled with complaints. Some real, most are faux complaints. A lot are other platform users like android. They are envious and here to cause trouble.

18. rndthm macrumors newbie

It is the peoples fault fault for believing the hype before trying it out in the store

19. MyPad macrumors member

My IP5 is perfect. If you sell a couple million phones things may happen with a tiny percentage. But when people spend this much money they obsess over everything. These boards are a prime example. In fact this board should probably be renamed "Neurotic OCD Freakfest".

20. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

I do.

21. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I don't disagree.

But you're using common sense, a quality not all Apple devotees posess.

Apple discourages independent thinking. Instead preferring to influence, convince & control.

22. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I have one extremely tiny ding in my phone. I'll live. In fact, it's only when reading these boards that I even remember it's there (especially since it's in a case now). The phone is fantastic. Incredible display (and 4" feels like a huge upgrade from 3.5..plus better color and contrast). Super fast, etc.

Now I just hope more app developers update their apps quickly (I'm looking at you Tapatalk!).

23. ixodes, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Sorry you got one too.

That's about what mine looks like, only my scratches appear longer & deeper. Yet photos don't always show how bad things really are.

After a three month ordeal with eight 3" long scratches on the lid & palmrest of my special order $3,100 MBP, three replacement orders charged to my credit card, lucky I have a high limit, I finally got one that "only" had three 1.25" scratches.

I gave up, caved in and kept it :)

24. Trek2100 macrumors 6502a

Trek2100

Mine is perfect!:D No scratches, no dents and no scuffs. I've been putting it through it's paces since I activated it and still have barely scratched the surface:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. I spent some time driving using the maps software and for me Siri was right on when giving directions. In fact, it was the first software including Tom Tom and Garmin GPS units that placed my house where it sits and not 3/4's of the way up the street. Remember, as far as maps are concerned, it's location, location, location, pun intended. Some areas I'm sure are not as good and perhaps very bad but it will improve over time. If I find that it's not doing well enough, I still have my Garmin in the car. The iPhone is really fast and LTE is amazing. I love the larger display. It's the perfect size, at least for me. Other's may disagree but I don't want to hold a brick. Time to play some more:)

25. diegoesk macrumors regular

All these "issues" are propaganda from samsung.. Lol