Maybe not such a good thing for DYMO corp

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sydde, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Sydde, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010

Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Could this be a Tealiban counter-force?

I wish I were more optimistic, but our society seems to have a habit of chewing up the good things and spitting out their broken, disheartened husks onto the hard ground. (Perhaps "Life us Short, eat dessert first"?)

I seem to recall hearing some wingnut saying something like, "We took 'liberal' away from them [i.e., allegedly turned the word into an insult], so they started calling themselves 'progressives'. Soon enough, we exposed that for the misdirection that it was, so now they are left to resort to this."

Labels do help one identify the enemy. And it is a war, right?

2. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Well I guess it needs to start somewhere... I'll be curious to see if it pans out. If the GOP is against it, it can't be all that bad.

3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

There's nothing wrong with giving it a label: Centrism. It's the political standpoint from which things actually get done.

4. Sydde thread starter macrumors 68020

Sydde

This is not "centrism", that is the middle ground between left and right. This is about my ideas do not fit into a box, I like so many of us am all over the map. This is about listen and think, leave your boiler plates at the door.