Maybe this won't be so bad... (iPhone 5s Theory)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skikid419, Sep 19, 2013.

1. skikid419 macrumors member

skikid419

So I was thinking, and this is all just speculation, but hear me out. So there are 4 different iPhone 5s models:

A1533- USA (Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile) and Canada
    A1453- USA (Sprint) and Japan
    A1457- Europe
    A1530- Asia (Except Japan) and Australia

So what if Apple knew that there were the yield issues with Touch ID, but strategically decided to use most of the limited number of fingerprint sensors in phones destined to become models A1533 and A1433?

Thoughts?

2. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

So what your saying is you think (hope) they made more models for America because God Bless America?

3. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

There will be more models of the 5s for the countries where Apple expects the greatest demand. So yeah the US will probably have more iPhone 5s' but I doubt Apple would say that.

4. skikid419 thread starter macrumors member

skikid419

Of course that's what I'm saying! But actually, my thought process was that Apple is an American company so maybe. Also, remember the original iPhone was USA only for over 4 months. (June 29th 2007 until November 2007)

5. swish2351 macrumors 6502

I guarantee they were not short on fingerprint sensors

This phone has been planned for a while, Apple has owned AuthenTec for years, why would they be short on something they had years to produce?

But yes, the US will obviously have the most iPhones produced for it, because we are Apple's biggest "client" and Apple is an american company

6. skikid419 thread starter macrumors member

skikid419

Are you saying that you think every report about component shortages is wrong? It's easier to produce things small scale than large. Maybe they had issues ramping up?

7. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

I would actually wager that China will have the lions share.

It's a new market they are DESPERATE to get into, they have a much larger population than the US and have the cash. I believe China already has one of the largest iPhone user bases and the phone has only been available on the blackmarket at full, unsubsidized rate.

Wonder why there are no gold phones? they are in china.

8. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Yes, I believe that Apple is sending these rumors (not reports!) out to get bigger lines in stores for publicity

9. aka777 macrumors 6502a

Nope. Solely has to do with the different wireless frequencies. Everyone elese but NA uses the same networks.

Hence, why our wireless networks are slow, expensive, and crap.

10. skikid419 thread starter macrumors member

skikid419

Right, I understand that. I'm just wondering if they made more with American antennas in them.

11. flashflooder macrumors regular

It's that simple!
    Apple should really make you CEO.

12. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Just because Apple owns a company for years doesn't mean they've been working on that part since that day. R&D still had to happen until they made the right part that would work with the software, then production and ramping up begins.

If the supplier chain says there's a shortage, and there's no pre-order; I'm going to assume there's a shortage. Maybe Apple will sell a combined 5-8 million phones with 5C and 5S, but I don't think they'll sell 5 million 5S's in the first weekend like they had with previous phones; mainly due to limited supplies.

13. skikid419 thread starter macrumors member

skikid419

I completely agree. I'm just hoping we don't see times of 7-10 days at 3AM Eastern and by 3:10 we are looking at October...

14. aka777 macrumors 6502a

What do you mean more? I see two handsets.

The other reason is that apple is not as popular overseas.

15. swish2351, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

swish2351 macrumors 6502

Not in the mood to argue with you people, believe what you want. You'll just see tomorrow

16. skikid419 thread starter macrumors member

skikid419

I meant more as in quantity of the two models

17. Glen Quagmire macrumors 6502a

There was a thought process involved here? Are you sure? It looks like you're just stringing random words together and posting whatever comes into your heard.

18. skikid419 thread starter macrumors member

skikid419

I don't think the name calling is necessary swish...

----------

You definitely caught me there. I got distracted and posted without finishing my thought. My bad.

19. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

probably, but there is also way more demand so it's the same at the end.

20. Glen Quagmire macrumors 6502a

You sound like one of those highly paid analysts who websites are fond of citing as authorities on all things Apple, but who actually know nothing. You're not Shaw Wu, are you?

Unless you work for Apple and have intimate knowledge of their supply line and their yields, everything in your post is a complete guess on your part. You don't have insider knowledge and should stop pretending you do.

21. swish2351 macrumors 6502

I'm sick of reading replies to my posts from people like you. Did I once say I had inside knowledge? I'm posting MY GUESSES on a forum board, just like everyone else, you need to relax.