Maybe this year is the year for iOS 5 and icloud More than the new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Oct 3, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

If apple do bring out a 4s the it's clear iOS 5 and icloud has been the main focus for apple which is why the wait of 16 months has been for a minor upgrade. It's frustrating but maybe that's the case

I for one can't wait to use iOS 5 with the notifications center. Going to be great to play around with.

If we do have a 4s the the improvements on that won't be a bigger screen or redesign but the improvement with battery life and a faster phone along with is iOS 5 would be worth it to those at apple.

2. lancastor macrumors 6502a

A better camera, a faster processor, more RAM, better antenna desgin is NOT a minor update!!!!

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Maybe not but it's not enough for a lot to upgrade.

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Especially if you have an iPhone 4. This is nothing like going from the 3G to 3GS.

5. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

Minor or major upgrade depends what you're looking for in the iPhone. A 4" screen is what I've been looking for since the 4 was introduced. I don't care what they do with it otherwise.. not important to me if I have to use a tweezer because the screen's so small.

But, yeah, it's shaping up to be the year of iOS5, not the iPhone. This year the iPhone's just going along for the ride. :(

6. ggmissmolly macrumors regular

"A better camera, a faster processor, more RAM, better antenna desgin is NOT a minor update!!!!"

Yes, it is a minor update because it's common practice that could have been done long ago. Without some combination of external redesign, bigger screen, NFC, 4G (at least HSPA+) it's just catching up with the competition.

Apple dug a hole with the delay. Now they have to demonstrate the reason for the delay. What was acceptable in June, is not in October.

7. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

Polls after polls shows that the number one update we're looking for is the 4 inch screen. How can we be pleased with this new iPhone is we don't get that?

8. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

As I said IOS 5 and icloud is the main thing to be excited about this year..

IOS 5 is really going to change the way we do things. 4s is an upgrade but certainly not worth £500 upgrade.

IOS 5 will keep us going til the re-designed 5 comes out next year