MB Rainbow of Troubles (flashing question mark folder) and best way to dispose MB

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RossKemp, Feb 27, 2012.

1. RossKemp, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012

RossKemp macrumors newbie

Ross Kemp here. I have a problem with my Apple MacBook, "Evil MacBook of Doom" (I name all my machines and electronic devices). Hope you can help me.

Frequency and description of problems observed upon turning on my Evil MacBook of Doom:
    History of my relation with Evil MacBook of Doom:
    Question 1: What is wrong with it?

Question 2: What is it worth in a current condition (Specs: 2.16, 2x512, 160 GB)?

Question 3: What is the best emotionally satisfying method to dismember, disintegrate, and dispose of the above mentioned MacBook?

Thanks
    Ross

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

If you're interested, send it to me. I do free diagnostics because, to be honest, I just love working on Macs. Day in and day out, I will work on Macs for no better reason than to have a Mac in my hands.

Check out my blog below. Ship it in, I'll run it through the gambit and let you know whatever I find and if it isn't fixed, I'll just ship it back.

No obligations, no charge, just honest assistance.

3. tug macrumors 6502

or you could drop a new hdd in, sounds like yours has had it.

4. RossKemp thread starter macrumors newbie

The same white screen, question mark folder comes up when the HDD is removed, so I don't wanna spend 80$ 100$ on HDD that might not even do anything.

Shouldn't something different come up if HDD is not attached?

BTW I forgot to mention in the OP, the CD drive doesn't work.

5. tug macrumors 6502

hi ross,
    this will happen because the hdd has died, with or without the hd in.
    the flashing folder represents no startup disc.

pity your not near me, i have a spare newly formatted 264GB sata hdd with a copy of 10.7.3 on it ready to go.