MBA 13 perfect bag or backpack for carrying license plates, Nikon D90, files, Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by GadgetGeek407, Aug 28, 2011.

1. GadgetGeek407, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011

GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I would be carrying my air, the charger, my nikon D90 in a camera bag (unless I don't need that bag), license plates, and some files along with another small accessories bag.

I would think with all this I am better with a backpack than some of these fancy shoulder bags as this main strain my shoulder and put uneven weight on one side, I think a backpack may be a better physical balance right?

Any good suggestions? i saw a nice incase backpack at the Apple store for like 80 bucks

2. sloan47 macrumors member

I have to ask... why do you need to carry around licence plates? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm honestly curious. :)

3. GadgetGeek407, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011

GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

for a second while I read your reply I thought to myself, does he think Im boosting cars and Im a cool dude like in "gone in 60 seconds." Than I came back to reality that I own a used car dealership! lol

4. sloan47, Aug 28, 2011

sloan47 macrumors member

Haha, simply curious. I didn't think you were boosting cars... I just couldn't think of a reason. lol

And I did some poking around and people seem to like Kata bags. You may want to check them out: http://www.kata-bags.com/product.asp?p_Id=275&Version=Photo

5. Chipg, Aug 28, 2011

Chipg macrumors regular

I own a dealership in the midwest, photography has been a passion of mine since I as a kid with my dads 8mm movie cam.

Why do you need to carry a laptop?

Go small, buy a few extra memory cards and download / edit when your back at your store. PM me, I'll give you my cell # and some tips.

6. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

awesome!!! Well my laptop is what I use to do all my dealer paperwork! I have a very NON traditional dealership. Small warehouse to house 15-20 cars! Everything is web based! I take pics, upload them on my laptop and than to my site! I love TAKING pictures however don't have the to study details to make more use of my Nikon D90. Its sad that I always use it in Auto mode lol might as well shoot with a cheap canon at that! PM me your number, knowledge is power and I love asking questions! Maybe we can even do business! I can be your buyer here in Orlando for nice clean NO RUST cars :)

7. VMMan macrumors 6502a

I use the Lowepro Fastpack 250 and 350 backpacks. They allow me to load and unload the camera while still wearing the backpack theoretically since the camera equipment is in a separate compartment at the bottom of the pack with a side flap. The laptop has its own cushioned side loading area. There's some space for odds and ends in the compartment on top, but it's not huge. You could fit lunch and squeeze a jacket maybe.

I thought about the Kata bags, too. They look more stylish too.