MBA 13" Sale Price?

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
London
Hi guys,

I couldn't find a section for getting prices to sell my MBA so forgive me if im in the wrong place.

I have a 3 month old 13" MBA low end model with 128GB SSD i am looking to sell it to get a rMBP, i paid 1100 Pound for it and was wondering what you guys reckon i could get for it?

Its is is perfect condition like it has just be taken out of the box!

Thanks is advance!

iAppl3Fan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
Is it a 2011 or 2012 model? You'll most likely take a big hit just like a new car driven off the parking lot.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

shamash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2008
Taichung, Taiwan
Do you have enough posts for the marketplace? I find the marketplace to be a good place to figure pricing and even to sell.

Also, check refurb.me for refurbished prices. Since these machines come with a year of Applecare and are really technically new, I think taking 10% off the refurb price is a good and fair price.

Good luck with your sale!

OwenMeasures

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
London
Do you have enough posts for the marketplace? I find the marketplace to be a good place to figure pricing and even to sell.

Also, check refurb.me for refurbished prices. Since these machines come with a year of Applecare and are really technically new, I think taking 10% off the refurb price is a good and fair price.

Good luck with your sale!
My MBA would come with 9 months Warranty still, i bought it brand new 3 months ago... love it but am going to sell the iMac & MacBook and replace with a rMBP & 27" TBD

iAppl3Fan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
Not according to some people that want pretty much the same price as a new MBA for a 2011 model.
Yeah, sometimes they get lucky to and do get that for people that do not do their homework.

----------

My MBA would come with 9 months Warranty still, i bought it brand new 3 months ago... love it but am going to sell the iMac & MacBook and replace with a rMBP & 27" TBD
If you're iMac is 2011 model you can use it as a display too. I understand where you're coming from since I have that combination as well.