Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcacd001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2013
Has anyone had this problem? Im really doing nothing significant on my computer, watching netflix maybe, browsing, then all of a sudden my computer jut shuts off randomly.

This has become very irritating.. anyone know of this issue and/or how to fix? much help appreciated, thank you.

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2013
Make sure you have the latest updates and firmware installed. After that check the SSD to make sure it's not failing.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Do you happen to have the 128gb version? All of a sudden this model seems to be dropping dead all over the place.

Try a command r boot to recovery and run a repair disk in Disk Utility.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Has anyone had this problem? Im really doing nothing significant on my computer, watching netflix maybe, browsing, then all of a sudden my computer jut shuts off randomly.

This has become very irritating.. anyone know of this issue and/or how to fix? much help appreciated, thank you.

Take a look at this article.

sw6lee

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2013
I have a MBA 2012 11" version, and I THINK i updated to the newest firmware yesterday, but since this morning, when I woke my computer from sleep, it rebooted, instead of waking up from sleep. And this afternoon, when I woke it up again, it did again. and just now, in the evening, I woke it up, and it AGAIN rebooted, instead of just waking up from sleep.

Is this a bug from the latest firmware? I searched this issue online, and apparently, this was a huge concern in 2008 where mac users were having issues with.

Any help would be appreciated it. BTW, just to note, when I just tested by closing the lid, and opening right after, it doesn't do the same thing. So it must be after sleeping for certain period of time.

sw6lee

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2013
Oh my..just found out that there is another update, and it says it is to check if flash storage is working fine. And I updated, and rebooted, then it alerted me that my flash storage has an issue and i will get a replacement for free. Is this a good thing? Will they replace with a new mba that's the same gen as mine? Or will they just replace the flash storage? And is it a hassle? I hope it doesn't take away my time too much..i have tons of assignments due next week.. :( Also I'm wondering if they can transfer everything from my current macbook to the new one if replacing with a new one. Every application, files, etc?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.