mba won´t turn on!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by viewr, Aug 22, 2012.

1. viewr macrumors newbie

My 2011 MBA worked last night without a probem and I charged it for the first time on a MB charger mybe this is the reason why. This morning it wouldnt turn on. I saw the sign in page (where you enter your password when the screensaver goes on) Went to get a coffee and Nothing! when I plug in the magsafe The Led is green.

I tried the following:

Press the power button for 10 seconds
    Tried 3 differents magsave adapters
    Reset the pram (did nothing when I pressed the buttons)
    reset SMC (Pressed the button no reaction)
    Took the battery and the Ram out of the MBA and reinstalled them.

I´m working on a boat at the moment where we travel a lot and I called all the apple stores in the area but they need 1 to 2 weeks to look at it, so this is not aan option. However i can get all the parts no prob.

thanks a million!!!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The thing is, unless you can let Apple look at it you won't have a computer. Either you sit on a computer that won't turn on for 2 weeks or you give it to Apple to take a look. I think the choice is clear. I don't know what happened, but I'd be taking it into Apple.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

When you say "a MB charger," were you using the one that came with your Air, or a different one designed for a MBP?

5. mertyz macrumors regular

mertyz

How did you take the RAM out?

Doesn't matter, you can always use an adapter of a higher wattage without issue.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2346

6. viewr thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is that I won´t return to the places that I go to. I guess that i´ll have to live without or buy another laptop:(

thanks anyways!

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Do you have a home address? They'll allow you to ship it and ship it back to a verified address. This sounds incredibly silly for you to buy a new laptop just because you travel.

8. KPOM macrumors G5

Are your ports of call within the same country where you live? If so, Apple can send it out from one store, and then ship it back to your house when it is ready (or to the store where your final stop is). My guess is that something shorted. Hopefully it isn't the entire logic board that is fried. If it's still within warranty that is one thing, but a logic board replacement out of warranty runs $755 in the US.

9. Blackberryroid macrumors 6502a

Blackberryroid

Let them have a quick one hour look. You have 90% chance that they'll discover what's wrong within a short time.