MBP 13" - Airplane usage (watching a movie...will it fit on tray?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HomeJones, Jun 10, 2009.

1. HomeJones macrumors newbie

Hi, first-time post. I searched, but didn't see a post specifically referencing this.

Will the MB 13" unibody (MBP 13") fit on an airline tray in Coach with the screen open at a comfortable degree? I will be travelling somewhat often in the near future and wanted to watch movies in-flight on my 13" MBP. What are other people's experience trying to do the same with this model? I'm thinking of United, AA, and Southwest.

Thanks!

2. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

I've done it many times. Enjoy.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I would imagine so. If not, it always fits comfortably in your lap.

4. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

my 15" fits barely on the tray, the 13" will be fine.

5. clazisme macrumors newbie

Be Careful!!!

The 13" will fit fine. Just watch for the person in front of you to lean back in their seat. The trays on most planes stay horizontal even as the seat leans back, making it possible to "trap" the screen between the indentation in the seat in front of you (where the tray fits when it's "stowed") and your tray table, breaking your computer. I've almost had it happen, and it's kind of scary.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

13" is the perfect size for an airplane try with enough to stick a drink next to it (at your own risk of course).

7. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

This is key. Nothing worse than having the guy in front of you recline to a point where you can no longer see your screen! :)