MBP 13'' Analog audio in and usb audio monitoring.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beren04, Mar 17, 2015.

1. beren04 macrumors newbie

Hi, hi have a MBP 13'' Core 2 Duo. I've tried this method plugging in my guitar through the combined analog audio port and selecting audio input on the preferences, and then used an usb headphones to monitoring my play. It works but with horrible latency and sound, is there a way to improve this latency?? Maybe trying the other usb port on the mbp for the usb headphones??

Thanks and sorry for my english.

2. appleminion macrumors member

use an audio interface with xlr instead of usb

3. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Agree with poster above, some sort of USB audio interface will make things much easier.

There is a digital audio forum here on macrumors. A good place to visit.

Also, gearslutz.com is a good source for digital audio info...

4. beren04 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses but i'm trying tu use the things that i already got at home. I know that i should buy an usb audio interface but for now they are out of my budget (i live in Argentina and here the prices are way too high).

Is there anyway that i can make it work with an usb headphones and using the analog audio port as input??

Thanks again

5. appleminion macrumors member

I don't think you can get a clean sound from monitoring through the analog audio port... i recommend saving up for the Scarlett Focusrite 2i2 since you get zero latency direct monitoring. I have a 2i4 and it works great!