MBP 13" (April 2010 Model) Suddenly I can't play my iTune HD Movie through projector

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrgiapanta, May 30, 2010.

1. mrgiapanta macrumors regular

Couple weeks ago I was able to buy a movie through iTune store and showed to my kids through projector. Today I tried to show Planet Earth (HD) through the project and this appeared on my scree.
    "This movie cannot be played because a display that is not authorized to play protected movies is connected."

Learned that it has to do with HDCP authorized display when I found this article.
    http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ar...-hd-movies-dont-play-on-my-monitor-solutions/

Is there anyway I can solve this problem?
    Anyway I can unprotect protected iTunes Movie I bought, and maybe play it through Quicktime Player instead of iTunes?

2. tombilske macrumors member

tombilske

just right click on it in iTunes and click show in finder. that will tell you where it is located on your hard drive. then try playing it with VLC. it might work but i'm not sure

3. Robbietaylor macrumors regular

4. mrgiapanta thread starter macrumors regular

Thanx for the reply guys.
    VLC didn't work.

I know SD version will play, but I'm looking for ways to play HD version.

5. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Can you connect via VGA or perhaps component? When I connect through the Apple MDP-->VGA adapter I get excellent PQ with HD files without any of the HDCP crap...