Mbp 13'' connect to HDTV/Apple TV for casual gaming/shows

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by igiboi, Jun 24, 2012.

1. igiboi macrumors member

Hey whats up guys, I got a Mbp 13" and I want to connect it to my tv or get a 22" +++ monitor to connect it to, and basically want it like a desktop which I have the mbp 13" closed and connected to a monitor/keyboard/mouse. I was able to do this on my 2010 mbp 13" back in 2010 and it was working well.

Now here's the thing,
    -Should I wait for OSX mountain Lion and get a Apple TV to do this wirelessly?
    -Should I get the cable to have it hard wired to my tv using HDMI?
    -Which one is better for gaming? since I play diablo 3 casually? is there any lag?
    -or should I just get a monitor?
    Thanks

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

For gaming I would definitely recommend a wired connection. Mini-displayport to HDMI is probably your best bet.

Whether you want to use your TV or get an actual computer monitor depends on the resolution of your TV and your personal preference. If it's a 720p TV a 1080p monitor of about the same size might look better.

3. igiboi thread starter macrumors member

I got a 1080p tv.

I thought about it, hardwired connection will probably be cheaper, but I was thinking about my Ipad 2 and my Iphone 4s since it could also use the Apple tv and have the convenience of having it on my hand and not connected to the tv