MBP 13 with I-INC 28-inch Monitor?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Piehead, May 29, 2010.

1. Piehead macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Piehead here, and I'm wondering if my soon-to-be MBP 13 inch 2.4 ghz 2010 model will be able to support this monitor. I'm at Tiger Direct in Canada, and using the monitor to type on. It's 28 inches, and the price is 329.00 CAD. So not really a bad deal. Since I don't have my MBP yet, but am getting it soon, should I buy this external display? Does anyone know if the company I-INC makes cheap/bad products?

SPECS of monitor:
    1920 x 1200
    15000:1 Dynamic, 16:10, 3ms VGA and HDMI

Thanks alot,
    Piehead ;)

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I don't know anything about the quality of that particular monitor, but you should have no problems driving it. You can do so with either a mini-DisplayPort to VGA adapter, a mini-DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, or a mini-DisplayPort to DVI adapter.

If you take the first route, you should be able to hook up the adapter to a VGA cable connected to your monitor; most likely one is included, but check to be sure.

If you go the second route, you will need an HDMI cable. One may or may not be included; check the product website.

If you go the third route, you will need a DVI to HDMI cable. The signaling is the same between the two standards so no signal conversion takes place within the cable.

I recommend you take either the second or third path, as a VGA connection is analog and could result in a fuzzy or otherwise poor picture. You should be able to find everything you need online. I would suggest monoprice if you were in the US; I don't know if they ship to Canada or of a domestic equivalent.