MBP 13in wont load past logo boot screen and wont accept install disks?!?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by samsizzle, Feb 21, 2011.

1. samsizzle macrumors newbie

Hello all,

After scouring the internet for help, resetting the p-ram, smc, starting up with shift, etc I am out of ideas..

My mac book pro makes the start up sound and loads to the gray apple logo, the bars under it start loading and once it gets half way the computer turns off (this is as far as I can ever get after every time I start). This happened after restarting the computer from when it froze, by holding the power button.

I start the computer and try inserting the install disks that came with it and it will not accept it at all! I held down f12, and the track back respectively at start to see if it would eject a disk but nothing.

How can I fix this computer if it wont even let me load the proper cd?! Is there a mode that will let me insert it or a way to force insert it?

I am out of warranty and out of the country for med school so it is imperative for me to get this working :( any help/advice is much appreciated...

2. samsizzle thread starter macrumors newbie

any knowledgeable people care to chime in with suggestions

thank you in advance, all my notes are on this computer and I am in the Caribbeans with no apple store even remotely accessible :'( just my luck..

I have the restore disk it came with but just can not insert it given the start up - shut down loop it is currently stuck in...

3. kchate5, Feb 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2011

kchate5 macrumors newbie

Have you tried booting into target disc mode (holding down t during start up)? From here, you can transfer files to another computer via firewire. Then, you would have to reinstall Leopard.

Also, do you currently have a backup of your machine? Then maybe you could just reinstall the OS using a flash drive.