MBP 15 Battery, Where to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aviator189, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Aviator189 macrumors newbie

I have an older MBP 15" with the removable battery. I've been looking at a few places online and I can't really find anywhere that sells the A115 battery and has good reviews. Apple charges $129 for there's, but Amazon has them for around $25. Anyone have any recommendations on a good place to buy a battery replacement?

2. simsaladimbamba

Does Amazon sell the Apple batteries or some cheap knockoffs?
    Can you provide links?
    Even as the original Apple battery costs a lot more, I would get the Apple battery, as one gets a warranty for it and it is almost 100% to work flawlessly with your Mac. The cheap knockoffs might work too, and probably will, but there is a reason they are this cheap, meaning cheaper materials and less thorough manufacturing/assembly.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I would never trust or recommend a battery that didn't come from Apple.

4. Darby67 macrumors 6502

Apple. I bought name brand 3rd party for an older MBP a few years ago, worked great for a month. The Apple battery I replaced it with was good for years.

5. thundersteele macrumors 68030

I think what leaves people looking for alternatives are the horrible ratings that the Apple replacement batteries have on the Apple store. They have like 500 reviews and two or less stars.

6. Aviator189 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I think I'll go the apple route. Like you said, the star rating on apple's site threw me off. Spending the extra money will be worth it in the end. Thanks for the advice every one.