MBP 17" failed twice now......Will Applecare give credit toward new MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jtuner77, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Jtuner77 macrumors regular

Has anyone ever had luck and had enough failures that with Apple Care Apple will just give you some credit toward a new machine?

Can't remember what failed last time but i kept getting a blue screen after the load screen.

3 weeks after that it happened again.....:(

Just wondering how many times this is going to happen? If I can just ask for a new unit OR credit toward a NEW MBP.

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

They generally replace the product after 3 failed attempts at repairing the problem. Keep in mind that it has to be the same issue. For example, if you have a screen issue and Apple replaces it then a logic board issue and Apple replaces it then a fan replacement that would not qualify.

3. Jtuner77 thread starter macrumors regular

2 logicboard failures in a 5 week period.....

4. anthonyramos84 macrumors newbie

anthonyramos84

Maybe if you give a call to the customer service hotline and tell them about your situation nicely, they will give you a new machine...who knows...it just might happen... :)

5. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

Please keep in mind that getting a blue screen after booting up does not mean a hardware failure.
    In my case, my Black MacBook's CPU made high-pitched noises, hard drive failed two times, top case cracked, SuperDrive refused to burn DVDs.
    I got it replaced with a MacBook Pro 13" with no charge.
    In my case, they were confirmed hardware failures.
    In your case, reinstalling the OS might solve the problem.