MBP 17 LCD replaced but color not as rich or deep!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alphakilo, Jul 23, 2009.

1. alphakilo macrumors newbie

GRRRR!! I had the LCD replaced because the whole upper half was shifted on one side closer than the other for some reason and when I closed the lid, it was not only not aligned properly but it was chewing up the plastic edge at the bottom of the LCD.

Anyways, took it to the Apple store in Vancouver here and it still is a bit off. Took it to the tech and they say that is the way it is and there isn't too much they can do. That is total BS!! I have to get this realigned even if it means Apple will get their tech to replace my MBP. Just got it in March 09.

Anyhow, I noticed that the LCD replaced has colors NOT quite as rich or as deep as before. Anybody know how to check their LCD for this? I'm going to have to get them to replace the LCD again! I know Apple doesn't have any quality control when it comes to having the LCD replaced but when the computer is $3000, you would think they would take the care to be a little bit more stringent with their replacement parts/products.

2. entity macrumors regular

I would try using a different color profile first. I read that helps some situations.

I really don't think they would replace the LCD though just because you're unhappy with the color depth. Apple has many suppliers, and unfortunately not all of them are the same quality. That wouldn't be viewed as a defect.

As far as the screen not sitting correctly, that would be a defect. Try to compare it to the floor models side by side to prove your point. Good luck!

3. alphakilo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Mike!

Yes, I changed the color profile. It definitely made a difference. Any tips as to how to get the optimum color profile. These new MBP's with the LED LCD's are pretty darn good considering they are "60% higher color gamut". Definitely one of the nicest laptop LCD's I've seen to date.