MBP 2008> close lid> screen off and logged off, but HD and fans never stop running???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by soundman414, Apr 24, 2012.

1. soundman414, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012

soundman414 macrumors newbie

So I have spent the last couple of hours trying to figure out an issue that popped up a week or two ago with my MBP.

Im running:
    MBP 2008 17"
    Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3

So the usual thing that happens when I close the lid on my MBP is the front light going on full brightness for a min while the computer goes into sleep mode and the light then starts fading from dim to bright...

Now, no matter what I try to do (forcing hibernation through terminal, clearing the PRAM and SMC, deleting preference plists, don't wake from ethernet, disable infrared, boot into mac-safe-mode, unplug all USB, etc) all it does is shut off the screen and run full blast in the background. This is despite my action of closing the lid or pressing the power button and choosing sleep.

When I open the lid, the screen is instantly there and asking for my password to log in.

I am wondering if I may be missing something that others have tried or known solutions. Thanks in advance.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. soundman414 thread starter macrumors newbie