MBP 5,5 with 2.53ghz freeze even with iphoto or itunes. Urgently need help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tahugejerot, Nov 12, 2010.

1. tahugejerot macrumors newbie

Hi mates, i'm facing this irritating problem. My MBP 13inch intend to lag out, hang out freeze or what ever you call it when i'm trying to launch iphoto, itunes, web-browser or sometime it hang out of no where. i got a 4g ram which i do not understand why it become like this..

I'm trying to solve it by running the CD that provided inside the applecare, everything seems fine yet this problem doesn't seems to end it become worse right after i updated the latest patch.

It would be really, really great if some one can address out the solution and help me out of this. i really need my mac for editing pictures yet it freeze out just because of web-browse or itunes how is it going to support Photoshop + lightroom?

please help me..:confused:

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

hangs...hrm....

like it completely freezes? Can you still move the cursor?

if it completely freezes (including the cursor), i'd try to remove a stick of ram and see if it works all right, if it still does, then try to the other stick. If it still is messing up then it may be a software or a hard drive issue.

I've never experienced this exact issue on my own mbp before but it's what i'd do on other machines.

3. tahugejerot thread starter macrumors newbie

It freeze but i still can move my cursor, yet i can't do much with the cursor the icon of the cursor change become rainbowcirlcle showing that as if the computer is processing something yet there is nothing for it to process i'm merely launching iphoto or web-browser only.

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Hrm. I don't know :/. I would still try the ram stuff but otherwise...i'm sure someone here might be able to help you out a little more. I'd just make sure I had a backup on hand and if you can't get it fixed, bring it to the Apple Store.

5. tahugejerot thread starter macrumors newbie