Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Does anyone know exactly how much a 17'' MBP would cost with the student ADC discount?

Also, if I buy a MBP though ADC, am I still eligible for the free ipod nano?

nsknike

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2005
Sorry, can't check the Apple Store price as of right now, but no you can't get the free Nano when using the ADC student program. I just bought a Mac Pro using the ADC program and was not able to get the free Nano.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
You can see the ADC store here. EDU ADC members buy from the same store as Select and Premier members...see details here.

Stock 17" MBP is $2239. Also remember that you can only use the discount once in your lifetime, so make it worth it.

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2005
WildCowboy said:
You can see the ADC store here. EDU ADC members buy from the same store as Select and Premier members...see details here.

Stock 17" MBP is $2239. Also remember that you can only use the discount once in your lifetime, so make it worth it.

Thanks for the help :) I can't see the ADC store for some reason, but all I needed to know was the stock 17'' MBP price. Does the $2239 include the $99 membership fee? If it doesn't, then I only save like... $60 with the ADC, even with a high-end hardware purchase. :confused: What's the best way to get the best mileage out of the ADC discount?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
ZoomZoomZoom said:
Thanks for the help :) I can't see the ADC store for some reason, but all I needed to know was the stock 17'' MBP price. Does the $2239 include the $99 membership fee? If it doesn't, then I only save like... $60 with the ADC, even with a high-end hardware purchase. :confused: What's the best way to get the best mileage out of the ADC discount?

Try this link...there's a link on that page to the ADC store. It must be a dynamic link that times out after a while.

The $2239 does not include the annual membership fee. Regular EDU price is $2599, so you do still save quite a bit. The best way to get the best mileage out of ADC is to be a developer (that's why they have it...you'll be able to take advantage of the developer resources) and by a top-of-the-line machine with lots of upgrades.

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2005
nsknike said:
Sorry, can't check the Apple Store price as of right now, but no you can't get the free Nano when using the ADC student program. I just bought a Mac Pro using the ADC program and was not able to get the free Nano.

Are you eligible for the free printer? I see the little ad for it while in the ADC store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.