(MBP) exposé glitchy showing all windows

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Quicksilver867, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Quicksilver867 macrumors regular

Hello all- I have the MBP in my signature, with OS X totally up to date at 10.7.2.

Whenever I want to reveal all windows with the F3 key shortcut, there is a terribly jerky and sometimes slow transition to showing all of them, in which the background and application windows change size to be revealed slightly after one another.

I ran a permissions repair and checked software update for any possible missing fixes- neither produced a change. What do you all recommend?

Thank you.

2. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

This is a Lion problem.

When I bought my MBP, same as yours, everything worked perfectly. After a couple of weeks, many system animations were slow and stuttered.

I couldn't find a solution so I made a clean install. Everything worked OK for almost a month. But as of yesterday, the glitchy animations returned.

I really hope 10.7.3 fixes this.

3. Quicksilver867 thread starter macrumors regular

It's good to know it's more widespread than my machine, but still not good that it's happening...let's hope Apple gets on this in a reasonable amount of time.

4. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

Just today, while doing a Time Machine backup getting ready for making a clean install of lion, everything returned to normal.

I read this thread at the Apple forums and followed almost everything said there: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3203965?start=0&tstart=0

In my case, I think AutoCAD was the culprit. Just after trying to print again from an archive that came with a custom plotting size, AutoCAD produced an error and just after that my animations were back to normal.

Remembering back to the day my animations started going all slow, I did used AutoCAD with the same archive.

It might be coincidence, but I thought it might help you trying to recreate all the apps you have been using lately. To see if one of them is causing the problem.