MBP Fans make loud noise while im just running 3 light-weight applications

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mladenz, Apr 4, 2011.

1. mladenz macrumors regular

Hi guys & girls,

Two days ago my Macbook Pro started to get very loud, while im not stressing out the OS. While im typing this the fans are going crazy, but i only have Chrome, Adium en Twitter running.. This normally only happens when i run heavy weight applications like Photoshop, Illustrator and a couple other applications at the same time.

Did a Hardware Test and everything seemed fine.
    Am i acting up or is there something wrong? Perhaps reinstalling Mac OS X?, haven't done that since i got the MBP, it's 2,5 years old now.

There he goes again.... the fans stopped for a minute and they just started tripping again...

Thank you.

2. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

3. mladenz thread starter macrumors regular

What then? could it be the battery, or perhaps the RAM Memory?

4. grayh0und macrumors newbie

Check temps, and activity monitor for if something is using up the cpu.

5. Derango macrumors regular

In chrome, were you viewing any kind of flash content? (Even a site that has an animated flash ad or something)

Flash will use more CPU power than you think it will and will cause the computer to heat up more turning the fans on.

6. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Can second the above post. Chrome is a bit heavier than you might guess. It's a great browser, but it can draw some significant power as of late.

7. mladenz thread starter macrumors regular

Could be that there was flash running, i had multiple(4 or 5) tabs open. i hate flash!

Well, i've done a SMC reset(or whatever it's called) and since then it works fine. I did a little test and ran a lot of applications and the MBP didn't make a sound.

I'll keep you guys/girls updated.