A few weeks after the MacBook Pros were "refreshed" with Penryn processors and multi-touch trackpads, I purchased a glossy 15" version to replace a 15" PowerBook. I know MacRumors certainly has its fair share of glossy v. matte threads, so I don't intend to revisit that discussion. Basically, I read enough on the topic to grasp the conventional wisdom surrounding both types of screens and the various dissenting opinions on each, and I ultimately decided to go with the glossy screen. Between vague, diffuse wash-out areas on my matte PowerBook and reflections in the glossy MacBook Pros I saw in the Apple Store, I figured either one would have the potential to be frustrating in its own way depending on lighting conditions and that I might as well get something "new" compared to my old computer. I'm not a professional graphic designer or a photographer, but I do my fair share of both on the side. I have been using my glossy MBP with a color profile I downloaded from MacRumors, and so far nothing I have designed has looked any different in proofs compared to what I have had on my screen. However, I'm starting to get frustrated about reflections on dark backgrounds on my screen and also with a lingering idea that the glossy screen is a consumer screen on a pro machine and that I have somehow acted on folly by getting the glossy screen over the matte without any distinct performance benefit underlying my decision. At this point, I'm wondering what my options are. I don't really have any hardware problems, and I'm not sure I would be able to have my glossy MBP replaced with a matte one, even though I am still under warranty. I used to have the odd condition of the bright vertical lines alternated by dark spots at the bottom of my screen, but I haven't noticed it a couple months. It would seem logical to try to swap the MBP with someone who has a matte MBP, but it would be hard to match age and wear+tear, not to mention the trust factor of websites like craigslist or eBay. Is there a more trusted venue for doing this kind of swap than something like craigslist? Or, I could try to sell my computer outright and use the money to purchase a discounted "old" MBP from Apple, but I probably would still lose a few hundred dollars on this. Are there any options I haven't thought of, and which of these options is the best way to go? Am I better off just keeping my computer, especially since Apple has seemed to have turned in the direction of glossy screens at the expense of matte? It's too late to return it and yet early enough that the computer is still in new condition. What should I do in this situation?