Price Advice MBP (Late 2008), 24" ACD, accessories - What price can I expect to get?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by darb, Sep 29, 2011.

1. darb macrumors newbie

I am not looking to make a deal here at the MacRumors forums. I am trying to get advice and opinions of other Mac enthusiasts to see what I can expect if I sell my MBP and the accessories. Here's the list of items:

• Macbook Pro 15" Late 2008 model (I believe the last unibody MBP with an ExpressCard slot, which would include a Sonnet 21-in-1 card reader)

2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB DDR3 RAM
    320 GB HDD

• 24" Apple Cinema Display (refurbished but looks and works just like new)

• mStand Laptop stand by Rain Design

• Apple Wireless Keyboard and Apple Magic Mouse

Thanks to all in advance!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Sell everything separately, that will get you the most money.

3. darb thread starter macrumors newbie

Sound advice, thank you. I still would like to know what price other Mac users think I should ask for the items.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Regardless of your intentions, its against the forum rules I am afraid. Mac2Sell can give you a rough guide as can searching eBay (but remember to subtract 15% for fees).

5. darb thread starter macrumors newbie

Fairly certain I followed the rules posted in the sticky in this part of the forum, but fair enough. I'm not trying to sell anything here, nor would I want to.

I've used the Mac2Sell website as well as searched eBay. eBay tends to be all over the place so I was simply looking for more stable pricing ideas.

But if I'm breaking the rules by asking these questions, I apologize and retract the question.

Mods, feel free to lock this thread.

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

7. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

Ive seen those macbooks go for a little over $1000 to $1200, I check occasionally because thats the same model I have. My MBP is down to a third of its price from the upgraded parts I put into it. totally worth it, this computer has paid for itself many times over, great investment, I can't wait till i upgrade to my next one with Ivy-Bridge!

8. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube