MBP 'late-2008' Airport Card connection to logic board

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by declandio, Jan 14, 2013.

1. declandio macrumors 6502

Hello

Can someone help me figure out which cable on the logic board, is the one that connects to the airport card? Basically, I opened the machine up yesterday to give it a clean (liquid damage from last summer that I never got around to cleaning).

My intention was to remove the logic board completely, and give it a good soak in alcohol. Sod's law, I stripped the head of the last screw that needed to be removed, so I reassembled the whole thing.

When I fired it up, I got told that there is no wifi hardware installed. I've checked for lose connections etc, but it's still not working.

Some site say that the airport card uses the LDVS display cable and others say it uses the iSight cable. Does anyone know which one it definitely is for this mbp model (1st generation uni-body).

Many thanks for reading...

2. ekinnyc macrumors member

just giving this a bump
    i didnt know that the isight+airport cable were one and the same. when installing my SSD, i think i may have bent or broke one of the pins on the isight cable that is connected to the logic board near the superdrive.... isight works, but my airport hardware isnt detected.

since you are also having the hardware not found issue - can you see if any of the pins on either the display or isight cables are bent?

3. ekinnyc macrumors member

so after i saw your post, i went back to re-examine my connections...

when i was installing the hdd into optibay, i disconnected the isight cable from the logic board, and during reconnection, i almost broke off a few pins. theyre kinda loose, and one was bent down, which caused airport not to be detected. i just gently straightened the bent pin and plugged in the cable... voila, airport works