MBP Less Than 2 Years Old - Battery Health at 77%, Can Apple Replace Battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HappyDude20, Jul 27, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I have a refurbished MBP late 2009 edition and Lion seems to have really done a number on my systems battery life. Nevertheless, iStat widget and Coconut Battery show that my battery's health is at less than 80%, of which I remember hearing that Apple would gladly replace, so long as the battery itself was still under the 3 year AppleCare warranty.

That and I believe I remember hearing that beginning with these 2009 aluminum models, all MBP's would be able to charge the battery up to a 1000 times..i'm currently at 725 chargers, with my 2 year anniversary of owning this machine being on 8/17/11

2. Auszero macrumors member

if by 725 charges you mean cycles youre out of luck. apple covers there batteries up to 300 cycles. use coconut battery to look at your stats

3. golgo1313 macrumors regular

i got my battery replace on a removable 2008 mbp. the battery was doing something weird, so i documented it using coconut battery. went in, told them the problem, they ran a diagnostic and saw that battery is still good, i told them that i did smc reset a couple of times, and yet it happens. they replaced it right there and then. really easy. yes, i had the 3 year applecare.

it doesn't hurt to try, unless you live far, far away from an apple store.

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

As the post correctly stated, starting with the 2009 models (built-in battery), it is covered to 1000 cycles.