MBP MB134LL/A 2.5GHz, 2GB, 250GB would you pay $1199 or $1399?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SFStateStudent, Jan 22, 2009.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Pretty simple decision for me, but a bit more difficult if you've already bought the $1399 MBP. Though I bought the MBP last week, I finally decided to start it up and register it yesterday morning. I went online to check my school email and I was alerted to the exact same MBP being sold for $1199 (only 5 left, so I had to act quickly). I immediately brought the MBP back to one campus, but the refund of $1522 can take 3-30 days. Returned w/o issue since I didn't open the box and had my receipt in hand. So, I head over to my main campus and purchase the $1199 MBP w/HP printer (for $.01) and AppleCare out the door for $1543; so for $21 more I got the MBP, the HP printer and AppleCare. I noticed that I was treated differently "returning" the MBP, and given "attitude" that I just brushed off as a person losing some commission ($200 worth?). Anyway, things went rather well, but I've got an appointment with the Apple Store for a battery exchange...:(

2. omgshesaboy macrumors member

omgshesaboy

idk why I always feel like a douche returning things. Its cool though i'd have done the same thing.

I just got my new MBP classic on ebay for 999.99 (2.4ghz)

3. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, I was all apologetic b/c I've bought many of my computers and their components from them over the past 4 years. I'm pretty sure that they could have called my bank on the bank's merchant 800 number and refunded my money within 24-48 hours, b/c they definitely lost $200 on my transaction.