MBP-R: Henge horizontal Dock & Cinema Display or vertical plus LG Ultra Wide?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kukulcan, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Kukulcan macrumors 6502

I am sucker for screen real estate so my first idea was to use the MBP screen in addition to a Cinema display.

Now I found out about the LG 34UM95 34" and find the continuous even 3440x1440 more attractive than 2560x1440 + MBP screen. Also the vertical dock is cheaper and available.

Is there anything to consider (connection/resolution)? I mostly use MacOS on the go, while I would use the desktop/monitor solution rather under Bootcamp (Adobe Production Studio + Max).

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not sure what you're asking - It sounds like you want to use the LG 34UM95 with the Henge vertical dock. I don't see a problem provided the cabling of the LG won't be an issue.

3. Kukulcan thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, that's what I was asking. Not too much into display stuff on Mac, just read something about the dock not being real Thunderbolt but Mini Display port and that in conjunction with bootcamp maybe posing a problem with the high resolution. The latter part was just my own concern, but I happily believe you when you say it is no problem.