MBP WITH LION AND OFFICE 2011 i'm in love

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nychot, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

I was upset bevause the open box early 2011 base 13" mbp that i got at a bargain price of $800 at bestbuy had lion on it. I was pissed because all my other macs have snow leopard running office 2004. And i use word 2004. I took my mbp into the genius bar but they couldnt downgrade it to snow leopard bevause it was a very late early 2011 that apple had shipped in late july with the upgraded firmware that made downgrade impossible for the most part. My other early mbp was able tio be downgraded But ive now duscovered that lion is pretty cool and i got office 2011 with all the latest updates and the two work wonderfully and word 2011 reads all my old word 2004 doc files seamessly. I must say i LOVE my mbp. I also work with the mac mini -- the last one made with dvd drive which is also wonderful. Plan to uodate both from 4gb to 8gb because its so cheap today. Also have ipad2 and will go for the ipad3 IF the cameras are better.

2. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

I'm glad you are enjoying your new MBP!

I was pretty unhappy with Lion until 10.7.2 when things started to get fixed.

I too have Office 2011 and I think it's a bit buggy under Lion. MS said they were going to release an update to make it more Lion-ish but I'm not sure where that is.

-P