MBP's Being Released Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattrp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
You heard it here first. New MBP's with Arrandale CPU's are being released for instant shipment tomorrow at apple.com.

Tune in...

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Awesome! OMG Thanks for the info! How awesome is it to be on a site that has so much relevant and accurate information?!

pullfocus

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
Thankfully, your post is just vague enough to make me wait on pins and needles.

Also, Paul is dead. The cigarette is in his right hand.

dgdosen

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
I don't see Apple stealing Intel's thunder. Apple has to wait until after the CES.

I do think that Apple will release an refresh prior to the January 27th tablet/second coming date. The Marketing 101 in me thinks that Apple would like a chance to milk the early adopters with sales of the MBP refresh before any new gizmo comes out, lest customers rethink their needs for new hardware and skip the MBP.

Therefore, I'd predict the refresh would happen two weeks before the 27th, or January 12th.

You heard it here first.

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
how fun and intellectual, a grammar war over apostrophes and initialisms. only good can come of this.

for what it's worth, i suspect you find there is no correct answer, only different grammar cults to subscribe to. who made you the apostrophe nazi?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
how fun and intellectual, a grammar war over apostrophes and initialisms. only good can come of this.

for what it's worth, i suspect you find there is no correct answer, only different grammar cults to subscribe to. who made you the apostrophe nazi?
Are you writing to me?

And yes I know, this is the interwebs where LOL speak is the tongue of the fingers.

thadoggfather

macrumors G4
Oct 1, 2007
Can we stay on subject? OP: what makes you so certain an update is coming out tomorrow? I'd love for it to be true but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Don't you think we would have seen/heard some leak about it by now? I do think it will be some Tuesday though, not on January 26/27, but that's just what I think, not what I know.

djrobsd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2008
You're joking right? Apple wasn't born yesterday. Let's see, Christmas was December 25th. Last time I checked, 30 days from December 25th (most stores typical return policies, although Best Buy has a 14 day policy), so that means the new models won't be released until at least January 24th. Why would they shoot themselves in the foot and release a new model while people could still return their old one?

thadoggfather

macrumors G4
Oct 1, 2007
Good point but what about PC manufacturers that release Arrandale laptops around CES-time? And also, who in their right mind gets a voucher under their Christmas tree that says: today, when everything is closed, we pick up a shiny MacBook Pro for you!

People buy Christmas gifts well in advance for the most part...

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund

if Apple sees returns as a huge threat, the 12th (next tuesday) is more likely (although still not set in stone) than tomorrow as the last return day is the 9th for holiday purchases. And the return policy is generally 14 days, not 30.

kwarren

Aug 18, 2007
Um, aren't Arrandale processors released on the 7th? Unless my calendar is messed up worse than the Mayans', tomorrow is the 5th.

Now wait, those two sentences above imply that I actually considered the fact that this newly-registered poster who previously asked about when to buy his MBP could be right...damnit.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Dito as in ditto? ;)
Touché and thank you. Of course I had to make a mistake when I point one out. Shame on my latin skills.

To my defence, I almost never use that word and have always wondered were it came from until I found dire.

Back to the thread.

The words You heard it here first seem to be synonymous for internet forum users and their lust for attention.

If seen those "confirmation" threads a lot on AI, but since coming here I don't pay that much attention to every rumour thread anymore.

We'll know in less than 24 hours. If updated machines arrive, yeah, finally something we can drool over again, as the Quad iMac looses its appeal rapidly due to its many faults.

Status
Not open for further replies.