McCain Attacks DADT Study

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Nov 14, 2010.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

More from the realm of the stupid. I'm extremely relieved this moron did not get elected president. He's beyond unreasonable.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/11/14/McCain_Attacks_Pentagon_DADT_Study/

There's really not much left to say. What a nutcase.

2. Queso macrumors G4

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Obviously his faculties are not what they were.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How long until we find out he's been Lindsey Graham's gay lover for years?

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Eww! Why did you put that image in my head?:eek:

6. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

It looks like the wife has the brains between the two......

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

And the money.

8. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

Remember when he was a moderate? Like, two years ago? I think he's just cranky.

9. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I agree...

Voices like his need to be taken down from the podium.
    He served his country well, but he is out of touch with todays generations.

These old folks that have made their careers at the expense of the tax payer need to step aside and yield to the younger voices that are concerned with the next decade or two take control.

10. skunk, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010

skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Which country was that?

11. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Really?

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Maybe term limits isn't the best way to get these people from office. We need a mandatory retirement age for political office holders.

13. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Age limit on the Canadian Senate is 75 years old. Upper age limit in various UK posts of authority: Judges 75, Clergy 70 and Bishops at 70. No upper age limit on the House of Lords; they can delay but can't thwart the will of the House of Commons, unlike the Senate with the House of Representatives.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The only way a majority of these old guys leave office is in a coffin. The people keep electing them in, so you have to blame the voters for most of it.

15. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

What's sad is that McCain used to be a halfway decent guy.

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The problem with McCain is that he has to toe the party line to stay elected. Once he lost in 2000 he should have thrown in the towel. He probably would have made a great president the first go around.

17. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes, he probably would have, but he not not have to tow any party line. He's losing the respect of a lot of people who used to really have quite a bit for him.

18. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

As a distant observer of US politics, I see no evidence of John McCain ever having any principles at all.

19. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Cindy McCain's About Face

To be fair, he probably just doesn't remember what he said from one minute to the next. Oh, and get this:

What? Did he threaten her with waterboarding or something? That's just crazy. Now, she can't even have her own opinions?

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/11/13/Mixed_Messages_From_Cindy_McCain/

20. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

This is really sad...in case there was any doubt left, old-school McCain is totally gone :(

Now he's just another tool pandering to the extremists. (And this is coming from a moderate (think Nixon-style) Republican.)

21. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

In hindsight, I think the whole "maverick" thing was just that he was far more talented than his GOP peers at sensing which way the wind was blowing and drawing attention to himself. It finally screwed him during the election when it became obvious he didn't really even have the reins of his own campaign, and now I think what we're seeing is the same thing, only now it's an old man trying desperately to stay relevant any way he can.

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

23. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

24. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

umm I would say it is more no wife (or husband) is going to go backstab the others career. In this case she going to stand with her husband publicly. No matter what her real feelings are. Privately she could easily disagree with him but she is not going to tell that to the public.

No marraige last if the other partner is not willings to support the other in public. If it was the other way around and she was the senator. I would expect him to say publicbly that he support her. Now I know part of the crap MacCain is doing is because he has to toe the party line if he wants to stay in office because the voters in AZ could easily turn against him.

But that just goes to show you how little our polictians really care. They will do and say anything to stay in office.

25. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

WTF? I would never be in a relationship where that was the case. That's one ****ed up relationship. Look at Mary Matalin and James Carville for god's sake. You don't see those two agreeing with each other just because they're married.

If I were her, I would have to told him to go to hell. Besides, she had already publicly stated her opposition to DADT. Then he makes her go look like an ass by having her retract her previous statements? Oh hell no. I would have been in divorce court immediately.