McCain blows Obama's security

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

So Barack Obama has been planning a trip to the Middle East for a little while, but has kept his plans a secret for safety purposes.

So it's nice of John McCain, noted expert on national security, to share Obama's plans with all of us, terrorists included:

Good thing Mr. Loose Lips at least got the country wrong, eh?

2. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

Did he blow the whole security force, or just the single unattached members?

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The guy's a backsliding and loose-lipped idiot, completely craven to special interests. Thus concludes my in-depth and thorough analysis of the McCain campaign. ;)

4. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Obama fans: McCain is such an idiot.

McCain fans: Wonderful diversion tactic by McCain. He told the world he was going to Iraq, so all the terrorists rushed there and we caught them with a big fishing net. Years of loyal service to the USA gave him the experience to think on his feet. Obama, thanks to McCain is now safe and sound in Afghanistan. Brilliant thinking.

5. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

And there we all were thinking he was a cantankerous old fart!

6. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Just a misunderstood genius. Or, as Bush might say, misunderstandible genification.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

[republican talking point]
    Why would them Muslim terrorists want to kill Barack Hussein Osama? He's one of them, he's going over there to help plan the next 9/11!
    [/republican talking point]

[sane person talking point]
    McCain is a ****ing moron
    [/sane person talking point]

8. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

:eek:

Even i was taken aback by that one :D

9. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Interesting take.

So really, he's going over there to hang in the 'hood. ;):rolleyes:

10. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

when has McCain ever said anything like that? there were bound to be rumors abouth is religion since his father was muslim, but that doesn't mean the republicans started it.

11. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

The truth finally comes out.;)

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

McCain hasn't said that, and I never said he did. I said it was a republican talking point, and I'm sure many republicans have said that.

13. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I hope this was said tongue-in-cheek, but I have a feeling it wasn't.

Oh, so all Republicans think Obama is a terrorist? Maybe a Sean Hannity and some evangelical neocons, but this is downright insulting to the Republican party. Not only does this statement indicate your ignorance of the diversity of opinion within the party, it's mean spirited and no better than any of attacks said neocons launch at the Democrats.

Oh yes, because anyone who's sane just has to think McCain is a moron? Don't worry, young Democrat, you're always right. :rolleyes:

14. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Maybe he'll "do" Mecca while he's over the pond?? :rolleyes:

Might be hard to schedule that as a sitting President. :p

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It was pretty much tongue in cheek, but if you wish to insist it wasn't, be my guest :rolleyes:

16. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

People say "Barack Obama is the anti-christ." However, if Obama was white, that sentence would have never been uttered.

Same thing goes with Hillary Clinton. Why is it whenever people come across a strong, educated woman, they call her a bitch? If she was a white male, the whole country would have backed her up and applauded her. But no, because she's a women, she's a bitch.

:mad:

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Why do people assume that? My mom says the same thing. I had nothing against Hillary because she was a woman. It was because of the way that she conducted herself throughout the campaign, and had she been a man, it would've made no difference in my opinion of her.

I can't wait for America to get it's first woman president. As long as it's a Democrat and not Hillary.

18. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Thanks for asking, yes he has. He and his lapdog Lieberman. Do you not recall the big issue they made about Hezbollah liking Obama, trying to associate Barack with radical Islam? As they get even more desperate, they will bring this out of mothballs, shine it up, and circulate it again.

19. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Nah, sanity doesn't really have much to do with it. It's common sense that'll tell you he's a moron, not sanity. :D

20. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I completely agree with the OP's sentiment. We should never publicize information that places Americans' in harm's way like this, whether it be Obama's travel plans, weaknesses in our troops defenses, or a calendaring of when/where troops will be/be pulled out. Point well made, Thomas Veil.

21. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

If the neo-cons (and I put McCain in that group) are willing to out a CIA operative, and place her and her entire network, directly in harms way, they would not hesitate blow Obama's security. I am going to give McCain the benefit of the doubt. I hesitate to openly accuse him of deliberately trying to make him a target. It is just as probable he exercised bad judgement. However, neither is excusable.

22. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

As an outsider may I make an observation?

Good, I will anyway!! :p

The Media is not unlike Chinese water torture. Sooner or later you will ****-up.

I'm sure that the CIA is having fits over this, and who could blame them. It can't be easy protecting people running for the Top Office in the arguably most important country in the World.

I would be sorely pissed.

23. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I am not as forgiving as you. If a politician, a journalist, a Republican, a Democrat, a citizen, someone in the military, etc. promotes information that compromises someone's safety in this world - whether a CIA operative, a presidential candidate, or troops at large - I believe they are pathetic and dangerous.

24. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I agree with you there. I was only addressing the 'motives', but not excusing them either. If however, it turns out, that this was done purposefully, to compromise Barack's security, it should be prosecuted. So far, there is no reported 'motive', which I have seen/read. So, my comment was just intended to say, I was not accusing him of purposefully jeopardizing his safety. Now, if evidence is brought forward, which shows that was his intention, I will be among the first to 'j'accuse'.

25. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I would expect it would be the Secret Service, who would be having fits. They are the ones, who must provide physical security for Barack.