McCain Camp Prays for Palin Wedding

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Sep 28, 2008.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Will the McCain campaign exploit the upcoming Bristol Palin / Redneck Johnston nuptials for political gain?
    It would be nice to get some straight talk from McCain about whether or not the family of his VP pick is off limits or not. It appears that they are more than willing to have the family be within limits as long as it serves them, and out of bounds when it doesn't.

That, my friends, is not straight talk. We'll see how this plays out.

Oh, and then there is the tacit admission that shutting down the race for a week would be good for McCain. Why? Because he's floudering right now. If his campaign was firing on all cylinders, he wouldn't want anything to distract from that. The fact that he does want a week-long distraction speaks volumes. It also speaks to the reason he wanted a "game-changing moment" by "suspending" his campaign and using the phone from his office in DC rather than using the phone from his campaign jet.

People see right through this stuff...

2. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I feel sorry for the two youngsters. A shotgun wedding to benefit the political career of an old bloke they'd not even met until a few weeks ago. It's just plain wrong.

3. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Perfectly put.

4. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

it's to benefit sarah palin's political career too. anti-abortion in all cases/family values stance has to be salvaged with a marriage asap to "negate" teenage pregnancy out of wedlock

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Absolutely shameless. It's amazing the lengths to which these people will go.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Uneffing believable. It's bad enough to force these kids to marry, it's even worse to joke about it.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

This is the worst reason for two people to get married. It's going to end in divorce eventually. Is that a family value?

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Well, that divorce will happen when reality sets in again. After 4 years as being one of the most powerful families in politics id suspect. Then its back to living in alaska without people to cater to you.

This is all with the pessimistic idea that dirty politics will yet again screw us over this election.

9. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Levi better be careful. We've seen how vindictive Sarah Palin was about her sister's divorce. One can only imagine the lengths she will go to if it comes to her own daughter. :eek:

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'd be running to the Canadian border about right now. They can always use another hockey player. There's no way in hell I'd ever want to be related to Sarah Palin.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Levi has a nice future ahead of him. After the divorce, he can leave Alaska and write a nice tell-all book.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If I were him, I'd be writing a tell-all now. Now is when we need it. I'm sure he's got plenty of dirt already.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

yea, thats gonna happen. We'll also see the first documented case of murder by a VP candidate after she shoots him. It's ok tho, shell use all the parts and make stew or sumthing.....

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

She'll use her taxidermy skills and make a trophy out of him. Like I said, I'd be crossing the border about right now...

15. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

That's your answer to everything. :p

Besides, isn't Russia closer?

16. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Speaking of taxidermy, there's a little taxidermy shop across the street from the gas station I frequent on my way to and from work. The other day I was filling up, and I smelled someon grilling. Sure enough, I look across the street, and there are two guys on the deck of the apartment above the taxidermy shop with a big grill all fired up.

I had to wonder exactly what it was they were grilling.

Sorry, random interjection. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, at least he could start playing hockey right away and make himself of some use. :) ...and swimming to Russia this time of year would be a bit rough.

18. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Disgusting. That's all I can say, disgusting.

19. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

If the wedding of a VP candidate's daughter would cause, “You would have every TV camera there. The entire country would be watching. It would shut down the race for a week.”, I am going to Canada. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

20. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Bill Maher has already made the best comment of all on this whole screwed-up thing.

He refers to Levi as "America's Number 1 political prisoner", which if you think about it, is a damn straight way of looking at it. :D

I can't quote much of Bill's diatribe on this subject, 'cause it's full of four-letter words, but you can read it at FreeLevi.org.

21. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Anyone know where the happy couple is registered?

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh why? Were you planning on buying them a really nice toilet brush? :)

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah. Here and here.

24. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

What do you get a ****ing redneck and his child-bride for their shotgun wedding, anyway? Is there a traditional gift in this situation?

25. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Some shotgun shells?