McCain campaign pushes for changes to VP debate to protect Palin

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sky Blue, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/u...l=1&adxnnlx=1221951658-uIHwR1rb77KcPKeZGg+uGw

boooo!

2. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

But she's ready to lead on day one! No blinking!

3. nanofrog macrumors G4

LOL! :D

4. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Ummmmmmmm.... no. **** Palin. She said she's ready to fight with the big boys so let her!

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Wow, seems to me that they are sending a message that she can't handle the debate. Regardless of the format, Biden should easily beat her. With Gwen Ifell as the moderator, it takes away the sexism excuse from McPalin,

Given Biden's propensity to foot-in-mouth disease, I bet the Obama camp jumped on this as well.

6. nanofrog macrumors G4

People may not see who/what she is really like if the debate has been "tamed" on the behest of the Republicans. They must know she's trouble, and in a debate set on the same rules as the Presidential Debate, she would be in serious trouble. Possibly to the point she'd effectively sink McCain that night/next morning when people catch the sound bytes and news papers over morning coffee.

If it were the same rules, I'd say absolutely. Throw her in the deep end, and let her sink. Metaphorically speaking. :p

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Another case where the Republicans feel they have to protect Duby-- I mean Dan Quay-- I mean Sarah Palin!!

8. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

That's exactly what I was thinking. While its flat out hilarious that this candidate, that is supposedly vastly more experience then the democratic nominee, can't handle the original format, its might not necessarily be a bad thing. :eek: