McCain leading Florida early Voting

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by squeeks, Oct 30, 2008.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Let's include a bit more from the same article:

So, cherry-picking a headline that pleases you doesn't tell the whole story.

3. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    That could be 1 of 3, if its represents a substantial deficit for Obama to make-up for on election day. McCain needs 2 out of 3 of Florida, Colorado, and Ohio. Sounds like Florida and Ohio could reasonably be in contention. Then he just needs to get Pennsylvania. Bitter, racist, gun-clinging Pennsylvania. He might pull it off yet.

~ CB

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Don't forget religion.

5. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Yeah... I couldn't work it in to sound negative enough, so I tapped some Murtha. :) Wait... I think I got it... --Then he just needs to get Pennsylvania. Bitter, bible-thumping, racist, gun-clinging Pennsylvania.

~ CB

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

A 10 point lead for Obama over an average of 13 state polls over the last 10 days. Unlikely. As unlikely as Obama winning Mississippi.

Obama is currently closer to winning Georgia, Montana or Arizona than John McCain is to winning Pennsylvania.

7. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Yep. I find irony especially amusing, so don't mind me piling it on thick. ;) That said however, Ed Rendell recently called for Obama and Clinton to make a stop in Pennsylvania again, because McCain/Palin had apparently succeeded in rallying the GOP in the state, and Rendell was concerned. The current spread is at 7-14 points.

~ CB

8. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

oops i didnt read the whole article:D

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Re-read what BV quoted:

Only a tiny fraction of Floridians have voted early, so polls have a wide margin of error.

Heck, I've stayed up watching election results and watched my state go first to one guy, then to the other, then back to the first guy again. It's way too early to draw any conclusions. Don't give up on Florida already.

10. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

I confess to mindlessly advocating for the devil. I'm also not sure how Pennsylvanians will react to rumors that Joe Biden is a vampire. I heard they're all very sensitive to comparisons to "Transylvania" and hate it when people bring up the similarity in the name of the state.

~ CB :D

11. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

PA is off limits to McCain...93 hours and change, I just dont' think so. PA is Obama territory.

Montana? maybe since it's a tied state. Too close to call.

Arizona, no freakin' way! McCain leads by 3-7 points there and there is very, very little time to affect positive change on behalf of the Democrats. Unfortunately, I have to say McCain will take his own state. I sincerely don't want that to happen. But wouldn't it be a great victory to take Arizona for the Democrats? If there were two weeks left and the trends went the way they have since January, then Obama could decisively take Arizona. But there is not two weeks, or even one week, or even 100 hours before the populated East Coast polls open up in many Atlantic states.

Plus early voting is overwhelmingly Obama. This election is "almost" over but I won't call it for sure until maybe a day before the full tally. But it's 93+ hours and stuff can happen even in that small window.

12. MacHipster macrumors 6502

Looking at your past posts, this seems to be a common occurance.

13. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

My understanding is that historically early voting in general has benifited republicans anyway?

Either way, I don't think these polls really mean anything whatsoever.

14. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

http://washingtonindependent.com/15662/democratic-surge-in-nevada

15. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Id like to take this opportunity to formally apologize for the State of Florida more than likely @#$%^& up this election.

Again.

16. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

Early votes aren't counted until election day. so it must mean he's leading early voting exit polls.

17. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Indeed. These polls should in no way be confused with official results.

18. cheeseadiddle macrumors regular

19. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

True.

A lot can happen between now and Tuesday.

Also, exit polling may not be all that accurate.

20. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Exit polling isn't accurate primarily because us Republicans hate it. Another reason I vote absentee.

21. jplan2008 macrumors regular

Hey, speak for yourself. I posted this elsewhere, but in 2004, Republicans cast 43.5% of early votes and Democrats 40.7%. This year, through Saturday, Democrats cast 45.5% and Republicans 37.6%. And the early voting numbers are way up. Republicans always lead in absentee voting, and it took time to surpass that, but Obama is going to win Florida.

http://elections.gmu.edu/early_vote_2008.html

22. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Mostly old people in Florida right?

Old people don't like anything different, they're old, McCain's old - makes sense...

23. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Pollster has Obama with a +2.5 lead (47.6 to 45.6) in Florida. 2 points in Missouri, just under 1.5 in NC. They have him at 7 points ahead nationally.

Come on Obama!

24. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Come on McCain! :)

25. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Indeed, come on the war criminal that sings bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran. Come on the man who voted against a ban on torture (and then patted Bush on the back for vetoing it). Come on the man who was rated 'worst senator for children' by the Children's Defense Fund that voted against the children's healthcare bill (and then patted Bush on the back for vetoing it). Come on the man that got a ZERO from the League of Conservation Voters. Come on the man who wants to spend a 100 years in Iraq, ''hates the gooks till the day he dies'' (which might not be that long) and believe that 'it's not good enough to beat the enemy, you've got to humiliate them'. Come on the man that wants to give $4 billion in tax breaks to the oil companies whilst over a 100 million homes get no relief at all. Come on the man that opposes equal pay legislation. Come on the man that said that the Iraq war would be 'easy'. Vote for the man that chose to pick Palin for VP.

Vote for This man, this man, this economic genius, this baston of self control, this man,

Come on John ****ing McCain.