McCain pushed woman in wheelchair?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by nick9191, Sep 8, 2008.

1. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I have another link to share. It is from an article published yesterday, by McClatchy News, perhaps the best news source we have in this Country right now.

2. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

What do we want?

Hot heads in charge of Nuclear weapons

When do we want it

Now.

3. Queso macrumors G4

Hmmmm......this has a definite taste of Swift Boat about it. Take with a pinch of salt unless confirmed by reliable sources.

4. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Yeah, sounds a little iffy.

Especially since he himself is a veteran.

5. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

There are way too many sources for these 'temper' stories not to be true. Sorry to have to shatter your illusions of the man. Also notice, the majority of the charges are brought by fellow republicans. Besides, Democrats do not 'swiftboat' - that is reserved for neocon lie smearers. Also, McCain does not require stories to be fabricated about him. He provides all the fodder anyone needs.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

7. pointycollars macrumors regular

I doubt it. Politicians will be politicians, whether they're democrats or republicans. I'm sure you could find an example of a democrat propagating a lie or exaggeration about a republican somewhere.

8. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

It really doesn't matter if it is true or not. He's already said some and done some amazing things.

''Only the most deluded of us could doubt the necessity of this war."

"Make it a hundred...That would be fine with me."

"You know that old Beach Boys song, Bomb Iran? Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran."

"I am a war criminal; I bombed innocent women and children".

"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should. I've got Greenspan's book."

"It's not social issues I care about."

"Do you know why Chelsea Clinton is so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father."

''I hate the gooks and will hate them till the day I die''

''It's not enough to beat the enemy, you have to humiliate them''

That's enough for me not to like him. There are many more things that he's said or done that I've not put in, I think that'll give people the idea. I particularly liked it when he admitted lying because he's ambitious.

9. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Him being a veteran sure didn't stop him from voting against veterans almost every chance he got.

10. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

The Children's Defence Fund rated McCain the worst senator for Children. So that's vets and kids, who's next.

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Since when is McClatchy not a reliable source?

I'll believe that when I see a Democrat spreading rumors that McCain fathered an illegitimate black child, as Bush/Rove did.

12. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I am going to tell you a little story about the differences between Democrats and republicans. I watched a video recently, which was a substantial group of individuals (pilots) who were POWs with McCain. They swear McCain has lied about his experiences as a POW. They say he was given preferential treatment because of his political weight (son, grandson of admirals) and because he collaborated with the enemy. He is alleged to have made several videos for the North Vietnamese, where he admits to targeting schools and hospitals.

This video has been out for awhile. However, you have not seen this being promoted, or used by the democrats. In fact, very few liberal blog sites are running it either. I was going to post it here, but decided to first see if I could find any collaboration for these claims. Unfortunately, I could not. These were all first-hand accounts, but with nothing else to back them. I decided not to even mention them. It would be grossly unfair to impugn a person's reputation, if these charges were false. I am quite sure this is why the democrats, and bloggers are staying away from this story too.

Now, if this were turned around, and Obama was the target, do you think the republicans would show the same kind of respect? Not on your life. I would not be surprised if the MSM would layoff of it either. As for FOX - that is all you would hear them talking about, right up to the election. Also, the neocon smear machine would have no reluctance in fabricating the story, even without any truth to it. That is what they did to Kerry. W had a sordid record just in the friggin national guard. Kerry was a genuine combat veteran, who was awarded the purple heart, bronze star and the silver star. A trademark Atwater (Rove) strategy is to take an opponent's strength, and turn it into a liability. That is exactly what Swiftboating was about. It was all fabricated by a group of hardcore neocons, who were in the Delta at the time Kerry was there. Never-mind that it was proven, few actually served even in the same area as Kerry. I spent two years in the Mekong Delta. It is a very large area, crisscrossed by hundreds of miles worth of rivers, tributaries and canals. The swiftboats were required to go down canals, barely wide enough to get down. Charlie loved to set ambushes in these tight small canals, where the boat had no room to maneuver and the MK18s were too close to use. It was a very scary place!

I know these things because my first 6 months (approximately) were in attack helicopters, providing close air support for these guys. We also operated out of the same little sh*thole bases, located throughout the Delta. So, when investigative reporters began vetting some of these guys claims, many were not even located in the same area as Kerry. But, by then it was too late. When lies are repeated day after day, by the hour, people just file it away as true. If (when) it is debunked, that is not talked about much. To indicate how successful this sliming was, many people still think Kerry is guilty as charged.

This has been the way the republicans have run campaigns, over the past several elections. Goldwater republicans would never have used these tactics. However, the Atwater-Rove campaign strategy has now been adopted by most republicans. The RNC feels no compulsion about using them either. Democrats will attack republicans over their position, or performance on issues. However, they seldom use the under-handed tactics of the neocons.